[Poll] Are you using L2J?

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct

Are you using L2J?

Yes (most likely clean core with datapack customs)
51%
Yes, but really customized
26%
No (just check code and forums)
7%
As base for my server's private fork
11%
No, I use a solution from a fork
4%

Total votes: 432

UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: [Poll] Are you using L2J?

Post by UnAfraid »

pandragon wrote: L2J should focus on enriching with more features.
Players see the features, they don't care how it is done.
Code optimisation is great, but should come second, when you already have the features.
I believe that this is why developers turn to "private" forks.
I am sorry but i cannot agree with you, we cannot start implementing things because they require approach which our source is not prepared to use.
For example Kratei's cube requires zone spawn system
Aerial Cleft requires Stages of Seed of Destruction or Seed of Infinity which we do not support yet.
The code needs changes so we can start implement things properly.

And most important feedback which nowdays is almost impossible to get from the community.
Pandragon

Post by Pandragon »

You could use the Beta branch for non-proper/temporary features, until complete and moved to stable.
Beta branch could become the best fork project ever :)
LasTravel

Post by LasTravel »

UnAfraid wrote: And most important feedback which nowdays is almost impossible to get from the community.
I'm almost sure that the best way is commit things directly on non-beta branch, at least you can see that the users report bugs in the forum.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

LOL@"Beta branch could become the best fork project ever"
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.2.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

LasTravel wrote:I'm almost sure that the best way is commit things directly on non-beta branch, at least you can see that the users report bugs in the forum.
I could be agree with you on this, more or less but...

remember there is a difference between BETA vs ALPHA, and there is no ALPHA branch in L2J, all the things considered ALPHA (aka no tested stuff) that require info/feedback/suggestions are generally put in forums first.

so we can say that forums is like our ALPHA branch.
Pandragon

Post by Pandragon »

Code from the forums gets incompatible with SVN, due to code refactoring etc.
So it is harder to test and give feedback.

Most people, including me, are no Java experts, but could help here and there.

e.g.
Tried to apply Sel Mahum AI patch from forum to latest SVN.
Failed.
No feedback.
No progress.
djmouse

Post by djmouse »

As for me, different code optimisations of l2j are more useful. Stability and performance of server are important things, while different features like buffer at community board, premium account, runes +50% exp I can do by my self. Saying about Aerial Cleft... During three years of playing RU retail server I was only once there with my party. None of my friends were there. I don't think that it has major priority :D
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

djmouse wrote:As for me, different code optimisations of l2j are more useful. Stability and performance of server are important things, while different features like buffer at community board, premium account, runes +50% exp I can do by my self. Saying about Aerial Cleft... During three years of playing RU retail server I was only once there with my party. None of my friends were there. I don't think that it has major priority :D
+1