[Poll] Are you using L2J?

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct

Are you using L2J?

Yes (most likely clean core with datapack customs)
51%
Yes, but really customized
26%
No (just check code and forums)
7%
As base for my server's private fork
11%
No, I use a solution from a fork
4%

Total votes: 432

Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

[Poll] Are you using L2J?

Post by Zoey76 »

I'd like to perform a simple poll to see how many users use L2J Server for their servers.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.2.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
djbenny

Re: Are you using L2J?

Post by djbenny »

Short version:
l2j/l2jdp is the most stable/feature bugfree/up-to-date version out there.
SVN/Eclipse easy to use.
IMHO:all the other forks just have to manny feature's/custom code and criple retail like behaviour/mechanics.

Reason for me using l2j/l2jdp:
Using your core/dp for educational purposes [code learning and howto/innner works mmorpg/etc]

So kudos and keep up the good work with the project !
Last edited by djbenny on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by BiggBoss »

wheres the "Im just here to leech any shit that could came out" option?
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

This poll isn't about leeching or sharing, it's about whether or not you use it at all...
I'm one of those who don't do any server stuff at all, I just have the source downloaded and fiddle with it sometimes (really rarely obviously).
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
burrito

Post by burrito »

L2j is great, i have a bit of custom code though, and forks generally have quite a bit of stuff added that i dont need or want.
Tavo22

Post by Tavo22 »

As base for my server's private fork
crash8675

Post by crash8675 »

I love L2J

I'm using a clean core with some dp customs :mrgreen:
digunan

Post by digunan »

Didnt saw my option ( clean dp and core :) ) Anyway i voted for option 1. Using your server just with testing purpose. I am not cooder, but player. I play on Gracia Final ( off files like claim admin) and i just like to test how is things there and on off.

Your work is great anyway.

p.s. Make bug section at least for users with 30 posts :D . Or you lost me like tester, cuz i unable to write there.
Trev

Post by Trev »

I used l2j core and datapack, for my private server for 5 months, until i could not sustain it anymore and i had to stop.
What i can say, l2j is the best code out there for these pourpose, and i hope some day i have the money and the time to mount another private server again, and use l2j again, right now i want to make some kind of mounstrosity using goddess client, with highly modified l2j server to make a very diferent game, but i will dedicate very little time couse i have lots of work, but in resume, yes i used l2j and im going to use it again if posible.
Shadowmistyy

Post by Shadowmistyy »

Use it 24/7 and works like clockwork :) Sustains on average 960 people at the same time and is literally one of the best pieces of server MMO software I've EVER seen (and that says a lot). Great job guys! Cannot wait to see the future updates and help if needed (you really do need a custom "L2J is the best" smilie lol).
powerful0guardian

Post by powerful0guardian »

the best advantage of L2J is its live for more than 6 years and always supports the newst client
salem

Re: [Poll] Are you using L2J?

Post by salem »

Yay cool poll ^^
i am using option 1, (mostly) clean core (only increase the myteleportslots to 98 XD) and my own roleplayworld (dp-mods ^^)
And i want to use l2j in future too... i have 4 characters on official and see... yeah... guess right: MANY BUGS and typos XD
on official server bartz i feel like unstable l2j in my opinion :D

so, a funny HELLAU ... oh ...no, wrong country... a funny BAZINGAAA to all the ppl who works on l2j :D

keep your ways :)
_\\// Live long and opensourcy ^^
DeathDream

Post by DeathDream »

Haven't been here in a while, but I use the Interlude branch and have heavily modded both the last datapack and server in many ways.

Offline Shop
Datapack Modding
Currently importing the T2.2 ScriptEngine so I can get official-style raids that don't re-spawn after every server restart :)
regenx

Post by regenx »

Yes, why? Is NOT good? :P I like L2J and they have the best DEV. team!
Pandragon

Post by Pandragon »

I run private servers based on L2J for quite some time now and got a lot of feedback on players, that tell me what features they would like to see and actually mean something for them. I would like to mention that In many occasions, what I give them is quite custom in L2J standars, but they seem to appreciate it.

Here is the list of features that other forks have for quite some time now and right now we don't.
  • Freya
    Zaken
    Andreas Van Halter
    Sailren
    Queen Shyeed
    Pailaka Injured Dragon
    Seven Sign Quests
    Rim Pailaka Fort
    Rim Pailaka Castle
    Chambers of Delusion
    Sel Mahum AI
    Rainbow Springs Chateau
    Aerial Cleft
    Kratei's Cube
    Underground Coliseum
    Monster Parade
    Retail Community Board
    Nevit's Advent Blessing
There is the viewtopic.php?f=69&t=17957 post, but the list seems to large and the actual features that players realy want to see is just a portion of this.

I am just making a point on which additional features are needed, to make this project more competitive to other "great/private" forks and also make most of the developers turn on L2J.

L2J should focus on enriching with more features.
Players see the features, they don't care how it is done.
Code optimisation is great, but should come second, when you already have the features.
I believe that this is why developers turn to "private" forks.