READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

[L2j] FREYA on L2J, when are we going?

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

This question is made every year here on L2j and the answer is the same:
SOON©, NO ETA AVAILABLE...

We will wait for the official NA Freya Release before doing anything, NC is know for changing stuff before the launch that differs a lot from the PTS

#################################################################################
Update: NA Freya PTS server went live, we have already started to work on this.
Don't ask when is going to be released, it will when is ready.
#################################################################################

Some PROtips:
  1. Remind your players to DONT use the launcher to run the game, if they update their client they will be not able to log into your server.
  2. BE PATIENT, it usually takes a couple of weeks but it could take longer, remember that Devs work on their free time and this "time" is subject to changes.
  3. Dont try to annoy hurry us with new topics every day asking us for WHEN is going to be released, subscribe to our RSS Feed and stay tunned.
  4. First Public Release is always buggy take that into account, once the first release is launched you should monitor and wait for a couple of extra weeks while the open test is being done and any critical bugs fixed.
  5. If <insert l2j fork name here> released Freya before us, dont panic and refer to #3, we are working hard to get it done the right way, some other forks may hurry a release before us using unstable builds just to be the "first ones", our methodology is to release STABLE builds, so we ask a bit of your patience.
By the way, L2j Advanced Users are going to help us with the closed beta testing, and this should cut in half the time spend by developers hunting deadlocks and make the transition to open beta test faster.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, "YOU" the one reading this, feel free to link/copy/quote this reply to anyone else that ask about Freya on the next couple of weeks, your help is appreciated.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Freya version of L2J, when are we going?

Post by MELERIX »

Soon...

I love the music of this login T_T

ZaKaX

Post by ZaKaX »

They're going to have PTS up for Freya s00n? Couldn't find any info. on their website >.> Lele...
¿ Que dice los cojones de la nina ?
lauq

Post by lauq »

@ MELERIX: that's such an old song; the first time (since C4?) they put an already used song as login theme (other times they separately made a new one)

@ ZaKaX: I couldn't find any announcement either yet...
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Tan »

lol
Korean has already another chronicle :P http://v3.elliebelly.net/index.php?opti ... 5&id=21073
Some people believe in God... i believe in Music... some people pray..... I turn on Winamp
http://www.last.fm/user/L2jTan
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

I believe somewhere around late august. If i remember correct some previous throne updates have happened on late august.
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

NA PTA looks like will be released at the end of this month or in the midle of august :P
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

tan wrote:lol
Korean has already another chronicle :P http://v3.elliebelly.net/index.php?opti ... 5&id=21073
yes, they are going to CT3 finally, aslo with new zones like this: http://gametsg.yatta.com.tw/lineage2/in ... leid=31481

http://lineage2.plaync.co.kr/promotion/100623_highfive/
ouro

Post by ouro »

MELERIX wrote:Soon...

I love the music of this login T_T
The music is already on client side
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

yes I know, also there some more songs that are not used in game yet :P
pokiokio

Post by pokiokio »

I play retail so, I can inform you that they're STILL deciding on whether doing the mergers or the Freya update first, lol... Korea is 2 updates ahead of us. :roll:

Many players believe that this is the end of NCWest/NA...
Prolly the youngest L2j user :P
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Well, somehow in Korea it all works differently, maybe bcuz they have more enthusiastic people or smth...
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
pokiokio

Post by pokiokio »

jurchiks wrote:Well, somehow in Korea it all works differently, maybe bcuz they have more enthusiastic people or smth...
Prolly, lol. I found some vids of massive dwarf roleplay by Koreans. Those guys are obviously enthusiastic for the game, not like scrubs that want only PVP. :P
pokiokio

Post by pokiokio »

lauq wrote:@ MELERIX: that's such an old song; the first time (since C4?) they put an already used song as login theme (other times they separately made a new one)
It's not the same as C4. :roll:
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

Its similar on the first chords, the rest of the chord progression is different.