Read me first before posting anywhere!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

[L2j] L2j Server Important Changes! [UPDATED!]

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

:!: All of this was a joke - Todo fue una broma - все это была шутка - All dies war ein Scherz :!:

Well, well, well... i hope you all had fun like we did we laughed our asses off really hard, this was our April Fools Joke, all the licences stuff is just a small "white lie" that we prepared minuciously to shock you all.

We were going to reveal the truth on 2nd but since the huge impact that it caused and the large amount of rage/funny/emo/suicide comments both on website and forums we held up the joke for a couple of extra days to see you all freaking out for the sake of pure evilness.

Just like someone already said, all the jokes have a bit of truth on them, think about it for a while and then forget it, dont get too serious, but think that all our work we do here is for FREE and it will be FREE FOREVER, and for ALL OF YOU, not for us, since many of the current developers working on the official L2j staff dont run a server, many of them do it just for "fun" and/or "learning" purposes like me.

Im going to quote the most funny comments made:
MustrumR Apr 1st, 2010 at 1:35 pm wrote: What is the idea of L2j? Isn’t it to make free Lineage II servers?
Silex Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:23 pm wrote: can I switch from GOLD to EXTREME by paying the difference (not all of us have a 1000 online)
Cuba Apr 1st, 2010 at 11:06 pm wrote:
The End!
Thks for all!
+1
I was a very active developer in L2OFF community and just leave because they all acted the same way that you are doing it now.
You can make a $ 50 annual subscription and I am sure you will earn more money as they will be many more people that can pay and still use this project.
You are killing the L2J project!!!
I want to know who is the “Superstar” who planned this shit….
Welcome L2J to the L2OFF disease.
Wooden Apr 2nd, 2010 at 12:18 am wrote: The scary thing in all this is that ppl believe it could happen,
It tells a lot of things about the ambiance surrounding private server community…
ICEMANRJ Apr 2nd, 2010 at 4:03 am wrote: xaxaxaxaxxa DAMN!!!!!!!
that price i can buy a new car or
i can Get new Computer server to host my owner website !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kike Apr 2nd, 2010 at 8:07 am wrote: Extreme License – with this license, do you install and configure the server to work with 1000 online?
L2J = Weak sauce Apr 2nd, 2010 at 8:43 am wrote: WEAK SAUCE
Valakas Apr 2nd, 2010 at 11:35 am wrote: no one gonna give you $$$
your devolp sucks
your packs always full of bugs
you gonna ask for $$ when packs are shit
Pffffffff
GL
your devolp gonna die
kimeraweb Apr 2nd, 2010 at 9:13 pm wrote: Paying for a BETA, unstable and unfinished version so many money?
You become into crazy… but also you’re free to do what you want.
Why, you don’t ask for work? I mean, if you give, you can take.
You complain about everybody take it and no one cares (your words) a shit, but that solution you show up, has not happy ending.
I will be watching to see where it goes.
OtherFuckedPerson Apr 2nd, 2010 at 11:12 pm wrote: Good bye l2jserver.
And GL collecting money from 30 people and fucking 200+ its opensource code spirit
Hook Apr 3rd, 2010 at 2:23 am wrote: Why my post was deleted?Kadar why???
Zaken Apr 3rd, 2010 at 1:10 pm wrote: Standard License
Price: USD$ 149,99/year

Gold License
Price: USD$ 349,99/year

Extreme License
Price: USD$ 749,99/year

if this site will start to steal $$$ from people
we gonna contact Free Software Foundation
and you “ThePhoenixBird´´ gonna get into real serious problems with law

this is my last warning
Ocsi Apr 3rd, 2010 at 1:20 pm wrote:
Okey now Im tired with u “unable to read” type guys…

Standard Licence
Logo: http://www.l2jserver.com/wp-content/upl ... olsday.png

Gold Licence

Extreme Licence

Every logo has the name: aprilfoolsday.png ….

All of you who start “I will call my Mom” “I will call the police” etc, first learn to read, and learn how to use the internet and how to get informations from a site.

This is my last warning (Free after Zaken)
helveta Apr 3rd, 2010 at 2:34 pm wrote: well another NbD brainwave no doubt, i kno whim from old, hes just a money grabbing peice of shit

he sells hero buffs on l2inc and l2dreams for 300 bucks a time and eh thinks know one knows about this….

if money i sinvolved you can bet NBD is around somewhere..

as for the change of policy with L2J then its their business entireley on how they wish to move forward

all this will do is move the community over to l2free or anothe rproject..

but good luck with what you are doing and thanks for all ur support efforts and help…..some of us actually do appreciate it
helveta Apr 3rd, 2010 at 2:37 pm wrote: oh yer 749 dollars for pheonixfreaks banner LOL dumb twats

ill sell u a banner made of fucking gold for that price
impos89 Apr 3rd, 2010 at 4:50 pm wrote: Zaken… ThePhoenixBird can close site l2j forever.
And you can suck his lollipop. GNU license is for saving author works. If you are leecher, you can copy last revision and gtfo, with creating new project thats name “l2jleech” or something like this.

Yeah! Say bye bye lolservers. ^^
Sonik Apr 3rd, 2010 at 6:41 pm wrote: http://www.l2jserver.com/category/jokes/

he he he, LOL !!!!!
Ocsi Apr 3rd, 2010 at 10:30 am wrote: i love your comments guys
Noone check anything just read the part of this news, and get angry and start to write funny comments.
You all use the internet. And you still do not got the message what is in this news.
Phoenixbird: Do u laugh a lot when reading the comments?
bigbro Apr 2nd, 2010 at 9:26 pm wrote: Good bye L2J.Thank you for your work.

If you want to read the rest of them check the entry on the website and this post.

Notes: Just for the curious ones ranting and claiming that selling a paid L2j version violates the GPL, please read. As long we distribute the source code with the compiled binaries, you dont violate the GPL, the issue is that the same GPL let you distribute, modify, and sell the copy that you just bought, so you can't effectively sell a "license" under the GPL. :wink:
IF YOU RAGE YOU LOSE!
ThePhoenixBird wrote: Hi there guys, today is a really important day here on L2j, we have been discussing for weeks about the future of L2j, where are we now?, what are we going to do? and where we want to be?

On the other side we also discussed about the amount of people that doesnt care a shit about our work, and they keep leeching, stealing, and flaming us, some have the guts to ask on forums how to remove the credits! others come to IRC and spam the ops with messages to get "priority support cuz i donated you $5!", other ones more silent just come here, read, pick, download, and just stay silent leeching our hard work and yours too, they dont give nothing back to the community.

At the end we got tired to list bad stuff and then we started to brainstorm for solutions to this issue and the future of L2j.

The wonderful idea came when it was suggested to create a "paid" L2j version, with proper priority support and addons, also nBd aggred to share his private custom events for this new version.

Of couse, for the rest of the users they still can get the vanilla L2j version, but future OpenSource Development will be stoped starting on Rev.4100, there will be only security patches from now on for the "free" branch, no new development or features will be added to the vanilla version wich will stay opensource for the rest of you to keep using it or developing it.

From now on the current L2j DevTeam will focus on developing for the "paid" version of L2j with the new features and addons (we have prepared some awesome ones), you then should consider to buy a L2j License:

Standard License
Price: USD$ 149,99/year
  • Limited to 1 server with 100 users capacity.
  • Priority Support via email/irc.
  • Priority Beta-Releases.
  • 0-Day Bug Fixes.
  • Free Upgrades

Gold License
Price: USD$ 349,99/year
  • Limited to 2 servers with 300 users capacity per server.
  • 0-Day Bug Fixes.
  • Free Upgrades
  • Builds with Custom MODs.
  • Priority Support for Custom MODs.

Extreme License
Price: USD$ 749,99/year
  • Limited to 3 servers with 1000 users capacity per server.
  • 0-Day Bug Fixes.
  • Free Upgrades
  • Builds with Custom MODs.
  • Priority Support for Custom MODs.
  • nBd's Premium Custom MODs.
  • DrHouse's Admin/GameMaster Custom Panel MOD.
  • ThePhoenixBird's Designed 125x125 Banner in L2jServer Homepage.
We consider that those prices are cheap in echange for the amount of work and development that its required to stay competitive on this business.

The money from the licences will be used completely for our new L2j Developer Motivation Program wich will ensure quality work from our group of L2j Developers and for future development of new features.

Regards
L2j Team

UPDATE:
ThePhoenixBird wrote:Today i got 32 PMs asking about how to get the licences, those interested to get one please wait for a few days, we are still working on the eCommerce system to handle this.

DO NOT use the donation system to buy licenses!
bigbro

Re: [L2j] L2j Server Important Changes!

Post by bigbro »

Well, I am here since 2006. 4 years until now. I know people like Sami and other guys from before. So...
We have 2 servers with many players - 200 may be and I haven't 600-700 buck to pay.
So, keep your work and I wish you to get so much money.

Good bye
acoby7

Post by acoby7 »

you can easily understand that is an april's fool only from this:
ThePhoenixBird wrote:also nBd aggred to share his private custom events

:P
ZaKaX

Post by ZaKaX »

It's not an april fool, it's not!! :( Damn Phoenix, you made my day but you also ruined it hahahah :P

Lol @ acoby7 ;o)
¿ Que dice los cojones de la nina ?
volond1

Post by volond1 »

Supporting the decision of how much you can already do for free? Some are server and they get Donat have never helped l2jserver.
And those who think that this is a joke then you are mistaken - it is wicked fun with the elements of brutal truth.
zenn

Post by zenn »

I`m also support l2j sink`s. The products must be private! It`s remove bad servers and cleanup idea servers. Schoolboy cry! Cry more.

p.s. - it`s a not jock ? 1 april :lol:
rocoder

Post by rocoder »

1 april :))
bigbro

Post by bigbro »

guys I am 30yo.. not a schoolboy :( and I am working for $500.. a month. From where to find 800 bucks to pay.
I really pray God it is a joke.
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Tan »

Please just tell me its joke.....
Some people believe in God... i believe in Music... some people pray..... I turn on Winamp
http://www.last.fm/user/L2jTan
nonom
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by nonom »

If some developers are "worried" about lose code then maybe must be stopping sharing his code, we dont need their "nice" contributions, there are a lot of people, instead closing development to own interesests. And you need more money true?

I will publish L2J is dead im all my websites.

Good luck, Is my last post here because I love my posts numbers.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ give me money give me money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DrHouse, bye friend you are great, I miss you
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by BiggBoss »

hahaha

suicide tax has increased in 50% in latest hours

good work TPB!
kurtspirit

Post by kurtspirit »

Great i will take Extreme Licence xD Ok, i'll go fishing today 8)
Last edited by kurtspirit on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Tan »

Shhhhhhhh TPB is collecting money for new BMW >.>
Some people believe in God... i believe in Music... some people pray..... I turn on Winamp
http://www.last.fm/user/L2jTan
ZaKaX

Post by ZaKaX »

nonom wrote:If some developers are "worried" about lose code then maybe must be stopping sharing his code, we dont need their "nice" contributions, there are a lot of people, instead closing development to own interesests. And you need more money true?

I will publish L2J is dead im all my websites.

Good luck, Is my last post here because I love my posts numbers.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ give me money give me money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DrHouse, bye friend you are great, I miss you
HAHAHA! Here we go, emo rage quit.

If this was going to happens, L2J wouldn't die for sure. In fact, it would boost it up. A lot, yes, A LOT of people don't like to share the stuff they work on to the community because of the large amount of people that just suck things up. These people not sharing ends up as leechers too, because of other leechers unfortunately. But heh, that's the curse of open source projects, there's nothing we can do about it.

The only thing that would die is the lame-asses servers where server owners can't even code an hello world. Pretty sure you feel concerned.

Piss and love.
¿ Que dice los cojones de la nina ?
momo61

Post by momo61 »

Everyone, shut up...

Is it an aprils fool joke or not :s?

Because it's really tempting to get the Extreme License, however it's kinda expensive, and I dont understand the thing with the 1000 user limited stuff.

O_O is this all a joke or serious ^^ ?