[Test] Need a report about it

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Mage

[Test] Need a report about it

Post by Mage »

Hello guys, i need a fast test. Revision ~last one

- Spawn 200 monster.
- Use command //kill 2000

Tell me if you got lag, i mean when all the mobs are dying (spamming server packets), if your next action (for example a movetolocation) got delay or not.

Thank you
Forum rules: Please do not use or alter the official L2J Avatars/Signatures/Names for your personal use.
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: [Test] Need a report about it

Post by BiggBoss »

that depends on many factors:
- machine
- jvm thread schedule (since all are the same priority, you wont know at all)

btw, if you got move delay, it will be mostly graphic lag, server side you will be proably moved in time or with milliseconds delay
Mage

Post by Mage »

BiggBoss wrote:that depends on many factors:
- machine
- jvm thread schedule (since all are the same priority, you wont know at all)

btw, if you got move delay, it will be mostly graphic lag, server side you will be proably moved in time or with milliseconds delay
I'm in localhost, and i got a very powerfull machine.

When i kill all mobs with the command i got 4-5 seconds delay cause on client i see all gurds dieing.

I'm trying debugging the problem cause i got massive lag during mass pvp. And i noticed also during siege with lot of guards. (also if there are low players during pvp, like 20)

PS: i'm not using last version of l2j, this is why i'm telling to do the test.

Thank you
Forum rules: Please do not use or alter the official L2J Avatars/Signatures/Names for your personal use.
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by BiggBoss »

as i said, its probably graphic lag, the render engine get a peak while rendering all dying animations, and wont be able to render you walking or doing any other action while all mobs are dying.

Before your server downgrade its performance by packet broadcasting, your client will be exhausted by graphic renderization
Mage

Post by Mage »

BiggBoss wrote:as i said, its probably graphic lag, the render engine get a peak while rendering all dying animations, and wont be able to render you walking or doing any other action while all mobs are dying.

Before your server downgrade its performance by packet broadcasting, your client will be exhausted by graphic renderization
I was debugging with some logs the packet Client->Server and seems u are correct. Infact also during my lag if i eas clicking to move, the server was reciving that packet. (and after the lag my char moved)

So we can exclude that the lag from killing/dieing mobs is the same with mass pvp from char.
Cresceus

Post by Cresceus »

Take a look here viewtopic.php?f=81&t=28330.

The little fix by JOJO worked for me.

So if you haven't fixed it yet, perhaps this will work for you, too.

But this fix has nothing to do with PvP.
Last edited by Cresceus on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vampir

Post by vampir »

In mass pvp, same thing is happening. There are a lot of actions(animations, skills, new characters coming) that game client have to show on the screen. You could make button for every player, which would stop less important actions from being sent to client.
angkor_tm

Post by angkor_tm »

test for you....
3 sec delay dont move...
client (for graphic delay test)
core i7
8gb ddr3 1600
nvidia GeForce GTX 650
Mage

Post by Mage »

vampir wrote:In mass pvp, same thing is happening. There are a lot of actions(animations, skills, new characters coming) that game client have to show on the screen. You could make button for every player, which would stop less important actions from being sent to client.
Exactly. I don't say an important thing. The lagg is only ZONE LAG, i mean people lag only where there is the mass pvp, not on all server.
Mage

Post by Mage »

angkor_tm wrote:test for you....
3 sec delay dont move...
client (for graphic delay test)
core i7
8gb ddr3 1600
nvidia GeForce GTX 650
Thank you for test.
angkor_tm

Post by angkor_tm »

Lag only if you are near this area, if you far from area no lag.
Tested from 2 clients at the same time
Mage

Post by Mage »

angkor_tm wrote:Lag only if you are near this area, if you far from area no lag.
Tested from 2 clients at the same time
Me too, that's a problem during mass pvp cause there is always ZONE lag when there are lot of players online.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

I don't see any lag, except that takes about half a second for all the drops and herbs to appear.