Problems to connect with client to server

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Sartharia

Problems to connect with client to server

Post by Sartharia »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision Number:5316
L2JDP Revision Number:8812

login- and gameserver work well, i downloaded a High Five Client and installed, but there is the problem now.
in the system folder is no l2.exe, so i have to start it with the l2-launcher. but then the launcher opens, it gives following announcement "the connection to the update server has been terminated". Well, now i dont know what to do, have you any ideas? You're my last hope *beg*
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Problems to connect with client to server

Post by MELERIX »

you could create a .bat file with this inside, to start the client without launcher.

Code: Select all

@echo offstart l2.binexit
Sartharia

Post by Sartharia »

i wrote the .bat file (without the numbers) and put it in the system folder of my L2 folder. but when i start it, game crashed with following error:
General protection fault!

History: FFileManagerWindows::CreateFileReader <- appLoadFileToString <- FConfigFile::Read <- FConfigCacheIni::Find <- FConfigCacheIni::GetString <- UObject::LoadConfig <- (PlayerController None) <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class Engine.PlayerController) <- LoadObject <- (Class Engine.PlayerController 154425==154425/2800864 147325 7100) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.n Engine.PlayerController.ShortClientAdjustPosition NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine

did i do something wrong? :(
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

may be game is damaged, or .ini files wrong.
Sartharia

Post by Sartharia »

Ok i reinstalled the High Five Client, now the game starts, but in login screen i get another error, with the gameguard. it tells me to reinstall gameguard..how i do that? :?:
and tyvm for the help :)
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

we can't help you with gameguard part xD

google is your friend this time :P
Sartharia

Post by Sartharia »

google didnt help much, most answers there just tell me to delete the Gameguard folder in L2 system folder and let the launcher update. but updating doesnt work like i wrote in my first post :/ is there a way to deactivate gameguard? or do i have to set up an gg server? :(
aasdf1985

Post by aasdf1985 »

well i have the same problem with you i reinstalled the game and didnt help so now i am re downloading to see if there is a problem with the installer. the only line in the hosts files is
192.168.1.2 L2authd.lineage2.com
is there any possibility that i didnt set up the server correctly and that is the reason that i cant even enter the log in screen
i experience the exact same problem with the previous guy when i run the lineage2.exe a window pops up
"the connection with the update server has been terminated"
i did the batch file but nothing happens the file crashes with no log.
thanks in advance
aasdf1985

Post by aasdf1985 »

can someone plz help me my problem is that i cant even run the game when i run lineage2.exe i get a message that says that the connection to the update server has been terminated.what should i do can anyone help me???
1. i re downloaded the game reinstalled it and i had the same problem the two sites that i had downloaded the game are LINK REMOVED
2. the file is checked with md5 and SHA1 algorithm
3. the solution that i found from google i that problem is to flushdns i have done that but there with no results
4. i have tried to run the game with the gameserver and login server up and down with no results
5. is there any option in the startup of the game like '-noupdate' or '-f' that forces the game to continue without updating ???
6. if i download a previous client e.g. freya (without high five) is there any possibility that i wont have that problem and connect to my server (backwards compatibility)?
7. Is there any possibility that i dont have set up correctly my login and gameserver and thats the reason that i get that problem( in a perfect situation the client connects to who to see if it should update??? maybe it connects to l2jserver and the servers tells him not to update???)
8. i am new to setting up a server and that's is why i have this problem. i cant believe that i am the only one that installs the game and have this problem maybe the solution is obvious and i am missing it...
9. tried the .bat with no results

plz anyone i am losing my mind over this thing
ps.sorry for my bad english
Last edited by Zoey76 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed client links.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

lineage2.exe is the updater, it does not work anymore since NCZ0ft switched L2 to their NCZ0ft launcher. But in order to launch older versions of the game, you must NOT use the updater; instead, as has been mentioned hundreds of times in this forum, you should create a .bat file in your system folder containing the following code:

Code: Select all

@echo offstart l2.binexit
and then just execute it.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
aasdf1985

Post by aasdf1985 »

my mistake that didnt point it out that i have also tried this but with no solution to my problem

when i run the l2.bat a command line appears and dissappears in a matter of msec(or something like that)
no error message or something like that.
the way i created the l2.bat is simple i dont think that i did a mistake there this is not difficult
open notepadd++ copy paste the lines that you mention(without the numbers ofcourse ) and then saved it .bat
run it and nothing happens
windows xp sp2 btw

edit: when i type in cmd start l2.bin i get the message "the system cannot execute the specified program"

edit2. when i rename the file from l2.bin to l2.exe i get the following message " the application failed to start because the application configuration is incorect.reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

edit3. the most bizzare is that i downloaded a patch from a lineage2 server(high five) i applied it to my computer and then i could run the game i couldn't connect to my server though i was connected to their server so the problem is not in the instalation of the game. if anyone can help me plzzzzz

ps.thanks very much for trying to help me
morten2808

Post by morten2808 »

Hey you need to download this system and overwire the old system in you own l2 and this should work this work for me :D

LINK REMOVED
Last edited by MELERIX on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed, spam is not allowed here! also you don't need a modified system to connecto to a L2J server.
Geemo

Post by Geemo »

Hi to anyone reading this old post.

I have l2 h5 installed.I tried the system/l2.bat but it doesn't seem to be working. I can see a screen for split a second but that's it. Can someone give me a hand starting the client to connect to the server?