SIGTERM problem

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
LeafaR

SIGTERM problem

Post by LeafaR »

Code: Select all

FATAL: Failed to open server socket. Reason: Cannot assign requested address: bindRegistered on login as Server 1 : BartzAll ThreadPools are now stopedSIGTERM received. Shutting down NOW!
L2J Rev: 3564
L2JDP Rev: 6655

I don't know what is goin' on, but I start the gameserver and it auto shutdown, it doesn't stay not even for 10 seconds online
_DS_
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: SIGTERM problem

Post by _DS_ »

OS ?
Commiter of the shit
public static final int PI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795;
LeafaR

Post by LeafaR »

XP

Well, I realize one thing, my server is in a lan house, and I'm at my house tryin' to connect from my house to there, but I can't, I don't know how to config the IP's to work.

GameServer Config

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# Networking# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname# Common settings...# 127.0.0.1 - If you are playing alone on a test server# 192.168.x.x - This is if you are on a 192.168.x.x type network (behind a standard consumer router) and want other computers from JUST the internal network to be able to connect# x.x.x.x - WAN IP obtained from http://www.whatismyip.com/. This is if you want people outside your internal network to be able to connect to your server.# If this IP is resolvable by the Login Server, just leave *.# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# Default: *ExternalHostname = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Public IP) # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname.# This can be the internal IP such as 127.0.0.1 or the computer's IP such as 192.168.x.x.# If this IP is resolvable by the Login Server, just leave *.# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# Default: *InternalHostname = 192.168.254.97 # Where's the Login server this gameserver should connect to# Default: 127.0.0.1LoginHost = 127.0.0.1 # TCP port the login server listen to for gameserver connection requests# Default: 9014LoginPort = 9014 # Default: *GameserverHostname = * # Default: 7777GameserverPort = 7777
LoginServer Config

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# Networking# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname# Common settings...# 127.0.0.1 - If you are playing alone on a test server# 192.168.x.x - This is if you are on a 192.168.x.x type network (behind a standard consumer router) and want other computers from JUST the internal network to be able to connect# x.x.x.x - WAN IP obtained from http://www.whatismyip.com/. This is if you want people outside your internal network to be able to connect to your server.# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# Default: 127.0.0.1ExternalHostname = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Public IP) # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname.# This can be the internal IP such as 127.0.0.1 or the computer's IP such as 192.168.x.x.# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# Default: 127.0.0.1InternalHostname = 192.168.254.97 # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# If you are behind a router which using its own local IP for Port Forwarding then set this to the routers# local IP if you want people outside your internal network to be able to connect to your server.# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# RouterHostname = # Bind ip of the LoginServer, use * to bind on all available IPs# Default: *LoginserverHostname = * # Default: 2106LoginserverPort = 2106 # The address on which login will listen for GameServers, use * to bind on all available IPs# Default: *LoginHostname = 127.0.0.1
I have left the Hostname "*" because when I try with the public IP, the SIGTERM close the server, I don't know, it doesn't connect.

What do I have to do to make it work?
Ashitaka

Post by Ashitaka »

Hi LeafaR,

First of all, you can leave "LoginHostname" as default.

# The address on which login will listen for GameServers, use * to bind on all available IPs# Default: *LoginHostname = *
This kind of problem makes me think that the port you are trying to use is already in use.
Verify this fact with "netstat" command line function if it is in that way.
LeafaR

Post by LeafaR »

I changed the LoginHostname

But still nothing, I can't connect, I put login, password and stay on the logging in screen, I don't know how to config the LoginServer (not even the GameServer) when the server is on "shared internet" network.

If someone have any clue, plz tell me
Probe

Post by Probe »

you should use your LAN ip, 10.0.0.1 or whatever you're using.
if you're using Obtain IP automatically, then change it to a static one
Ashitaka

Post by Ashitaka »

Did you already check the netstat to see if the port is being used yet?