Pvp changes - need some help

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Eragon

Pvp changes - need some help

Post by Eragon »

Evening Folks,

I am currently thinking of new ways to make pvp more enjoyable for players, and here is what I came up with (one of many ideas).

I was thinking along the lines of a droptable for the players.
Let's say, it's a fixed list of what can drop for each player, but each of the items has a different % to drop, just like the normal monster drop table.

Any ideas on how to proceed with this ?
toastgodsupreme

Re: Pvp changes - need some help

Post by toastgodsupreme »

l2pcinstance

implement a basic loot reward for pvp kill

then expand it and do level checks (if target.getlevel > 362332613) and so on and split rewards into groups that way.

it'll be hardcoded, but it works. but then you need to implement a pvp farming prevention method as well or your server goes to shit from people farming their alts.
Eragon

Post by Eragon »

Yea, thought about that aswell.

I'll be using a random item for "pvp coins", which will drop a max of 5 times from player B for player A. That's easy.

The hard part, at least for me, is when it comes to dual boxing, anyone so kind to give me some nice pointers on what would be best to do ? :)
toastgodsupreme

Post by toastgodsupreme »

Eragon wrote:Yea, thought about that aswell.

I'll be using a random item for "pvp coins", which will drop a max of 5 times from player B for player A. That's easy.

The hard part, at least for me, is when it comes to dual boxing, anyone so kind to give me some nice pointers on what would be best to do ? :)
First implement a check + timer solution. That way if player 1 kills player 2 within xxx seconds, no reward, and the timer is reset. That way people can't farm alts by having a friend log on to another account and just kill/res/kill/res

After that, implement additional checks. Compare IPs (easy). Then you may also want to compare level ranges. (ie. is player1 > 10 levels than his victim? if so, don't reward).

Things like that. ;)

But the kill timer will be the most important as it will prevent repetitive farming of any type of character.
Eragon

Post by Eragon »

I was thinking along the same way, but with some changes.

After player A has killed player B 5 times in a row, player A won't recieve any rewards for killing player B the next 24 hours (cooldown). That'll prevent farming. Along with that, Player A won't be able to gain any rewards from killing his own characters (Same IP).

Could you link me to some info on how exactly to add such a check + timer ? Would be rather helpful for the noob I am :P