[Interlude] Olympiad

Find the proper support area, Saga-Version.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Mage

[Interlude] Olympiad

Post by Mage »

Hello members/devs. I dont know if you remember the old times of Interlude with L2jserver. There was a very frustrating bug about Critical error during Olympiad match.

Cause i'm fronting that problem, maybe someone will remember from what it was caused. I don't need the fix (if there is it's better :) ) but also an imput so i can try to search/debug it.

I'm trying to debug it searching the last packets sent from the char that got the critical, but actually i can't figure out the problem.

This is what i'm speaking:

Maybe some old users will remember this. :) Every 1/3 matches a player got this error.

Bye
Mage
Forum rules: Please do not use or alter the official L2J Avatars/Signatures/Names for your personal use.
Gries

Re: [Interlude] Olympiad

Post by Gries »

Insufficient memory, try to close some program.
Mage

Post by Mage »

Gries wrote:Insufficient memory, try to close some program.
:| ...

1/3 players on Olympiad got a critical error, me too. This is a random screen, i got 16 GB Ram on My PC and however i have Critical error. I don't think that the solution is "close some programs and you solve the problem".

For sure there is something, like a loop, that bring the out of memory on Client.

ITA: Basta dire cazzate bro ;p
Forum rules: Please do not use or alter the official L2J Avatars/Signatures/Names for your personal use.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Have you thought that this might be graphics memory, not RAM?
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Gries

Post by Gries »

You say you have 16GB ram but in the pic it says: "Intel PentiumPro-class processor 2000 MHz with 2046MB RAM"
Mage

Post by Mage »

jurchiks wrote:Have you thought that this might be graphics memory, not RAM?
1/3 of players of my server got graphic card problem? ;)
Gries wrote:You say you have 16GB ram but in the pic it says: "Intel PentiumPro-class processor 2000 MHz with 2046MB RAM"
Please read what a write, thank you. "This is a random screen"

:P
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Well, the error occurs at PlaySound, so it seems to be something sound-related. Is there a sound played during the match?
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Mage

Post by Mage »

jurchiks wrote:Well, the error occurs at PlaySound, so it seems to be something sound-related. Is there a sound played during the match?
I don't think the problem is Playsound (never called during Olympiad), but i think that the cause (about critical error) is random. Other info is that 90% of people recive only the Runtime error, without a critical error.

I found an old topic about this issue:
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=13298

As you can read _DS_ says:
"C++ runtime error - invalid packet from the unknown char (possibly observer).
Will need to ask players on my live about such errors, because it was already fixed."
Mage

Post by Mage »

Nobody know?