G3DEditor - 3D GeoEditor

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Forsaiken
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: G3DEditor - 3D GeoEditor

Post by Forsaiken »

Why can`t u download? It´s only 12 mb~ o.O
PS: I did this with changed selection colors because as mentioned before the texture get multiplicated with the color to get the result

I personally preffer the original colored model ^_^
http://code.google.com/p/g3d-editor/
Experienced in the following languages/apis/ides: Java using Eclipse/AWT/Swing/NIO/JNI/Jogl, C/C++11/c++14 using QT/MFC/BOOST/STL/VS2012/VS2013/OpenGL/DirectX, Delphi using Borland, .NET/C# using VS2012/VS2013
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

It would take me at least an hour to download it, ~3kb/s max.

Well, I don't know about you, but I like how it looks :)
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Forsaiken
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Forsaiken »

jurchiks wrote:It would take me at least an hour to download it, ~3kb/s max.

Well, I don't know about you, but I like how it looks :)
~3kb/s may? Then i wonder how ur even able to see this forum or the screenshort of the app (which is almost 2mb wich means 1/6 of the size of the full programm o.O)
Experienced in the following languages/apis/ides: Java using Eclipse/AWT/Swing/NIO/JNI/Jogl, C/C++11/c++14 using QT/MFC/BOOST/STL/VS2012/VS2013/OpenGL/DirectX, Delphi using Borland, .NET/C# using VS2012/VS2013
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

the forum is already cached by the browser, only text is downloaded, and I DLed the pic for about 5-10 minutes.
but those are my problems.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Forsaiken
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Forsaiken »

Updated the editor.
See first post :)
Gnacik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Gnacik »

Hey Forsaiken what about 'my' option? is implemented or still not yet ?
Forsaiken
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Forsaiken »

Gnacik wrote:Hey Forsaiken what about 'my' option? is implemented or still not yet ?
You mean the better remove by selected thingy? YES! ^_^
Was much easier in this impl, because i no longer had to take care about any synchronization and queueing since everything runs in awt event threads.

Ohh and it is much much faster now. If you have an OpenGL4/DirectX10 (VertexShader 4.0 required because of bitwise operations) graphic card you can expect 100+ frames in situations where you had 11fps in the old impl.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nuradi#p/u/0/YPnJVMID9AU
Forsaiken
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Forsaiken »

jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Well, the performance has certainly improved and I see you've added that direction changer I was talking about (Direct NSWE - which, BTW, renders all those buttons at the bottom useless), BUT it is still impossible to tell the enabled directions of each cell from distance, only by drawing the camera VERY close or selecting the cell, and THAT is not productive. IMHO it would look much better if it was displayed like the official client displays geodata.
Forsaiken
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Forsaiken »

jurchiks wrote:Well, the performance has certainly improved and I see you've added that direction changer I was talking about (Direct NSWE - which, BTW, renders all those buttons at the bottom useless), BUT it is still impossible to tell the enabled directions of each cell from distance, only by drawing the camera VERY close or selecting the cell, and THAT is not productive. IMHO it would look much better if it was displayed like the official client displays geodata.
Well performance is mainly improved for DX10 graphic cards using VBOGSLS renderer.
I will keep the buttons on the bottom (I like em more).
Maybe i will add 2 extra texture sets for the cells today + extra config^^
And btw i have no problems seeing if an cell is blocked in one direction or not, even from an "huge" distance.
Making it look like the original l2 client ist to costly. Have you ever noticed this huge performance drop when enabling geo display in the client? Making this thing on the G3DEditor would make the performance drop by ~4 times or more^^

And i guess you still wasn`t able to check it out yourself^^
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Forsaiken wrote:And i guess you still wasn`t able to check it out yourself^^
How do you gather I got to know about the performance increase?
Forsaiken wrote:Have you ever noticed this huge performance drop when enabling geo display in the client?
I haven't actually.

How is that a performance drop? It changes only the colors.
Forsaiken
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Forsaiken »

Added an option to change the texture.
There are now 6 types of textures. 1-5 is an regular black/white texture. 6 is an red/green texture (needs manual adjust of the cell colors in config).

Default type 1:

Type 5:

Type 6:
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Well, the second screen is IMHO an obvious improvement over the first one.
The thing about red/green colors though is simply that they resemble traffic lights (red - stop, green - walk) which almost everybody is familiar with, that's why I suggested them in the first place. It's simply more obvious that way.
Forsaiken
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Forsaiken »

jurchiks wrote:Well, the second screen is IMHO an obvious improvement over the first one.
The thing about red/green colors though is simply that they resemble traffic lights (red - stop, green - walk) which almost everybody is familiar with, that's why I suggested them in the first place. It's simply more obvious that way.
Well now you can choose nearly everything and customize it like you want.
And well i like the 5th texture set the most, too^^
Shaka

Post by Shaka »

Excellent GeoEditor.
But it would be important to integrate your software generation of Geodata. :D
Currently it is very tedious to generate Geodata. Melerix and I have tried to create geodata 100%, but the GeoConv.exe is outdated, is not compatible with some maps of the city of Gracia and you can not see some texture maps that are encrypted. :(