[SOLVED] Setting up a GM account/character

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Hemorrhoid

[SOLVED] Setting up a GM account/character

Post by Hemorrhoid »

Using Master Last Rev

Following the setup guide, I got the server up and running. I can login just fine, and now I'd like to test the GM features.

I went into my game account and char account, switched access level to 7 in both. Also changed hp in the char account to double check if changes were registered.

=> the hp was modified, but the GM access seems to not have been granted (no change in name color, no response when I type admin commands).

Is there something I am missing?

PS : Thank you so much for all your work, playing/logging onto the server felt a bit like an old dream come true!

PS2: I created this forum account a few years ago, when I was interested in l2j server as well. My forum name feels a bit childish/inappropriate now... Does anyone know who I could pm to request a username change?

Thank you !
Last edited by Hemorrhoid on Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hemorrhoid

Re: Setting up a GM account/character

Post by Hemorrhoid »

One odd thing I noticed as well, is that when I change the character access level using HeidiSQL, and then I relog, the changes has not been saved/taken into account.

For example, I set my character hp to 100 in the database, log out then log in, he's still at 154HP and the value in the sql is back to 154. Same for access level.
Hemorrhoid

Re: Setting up a GM account/character

Post by Hemorrhoid »

[SOLVED] It seems like editing the sql while the charatcer is logged in does not work, because when the character logs out, the values are set back to what they were before.

The characters table values have to be edited while the character is logged out only.