Thank You mod for this forum

Post here doubts, ideas, suggestions and support requests about the website and the forums.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
jurchiks

Thank You mod for this forum

Post by jurchiks »

I know some will be against it, but I'm sure it would hurt nobody if there was a mod like that in this forum. Wouldn't require a post just to say "thank you"; I know many people are irked by posts like that.
Anyway, I found only one mod that seems to be somewhat supported: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/thanks_for_posts/
it isn't quite what I'd expected it to be and some things like the rating system could be disabled (too much is too much), but the thankyou's are quite all right; just a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" icon next to quote/reply buttons.

What do you say?
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Thank You mod for this forum

Post by MELERIX »

look good, is like the "rating" we have in the old forum: http://www.l2jserver.com/old-forum
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Well, that one rates the TOPIC as good/bad, this one is for posts.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

mmmmm we will consider it
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

Couldn't that be used in conjunction with allowing posts in sections where you usually need a certain post count?
Like if you need 15 posts in some sections but only have 0 you need 15 posts with thanks.

Ideally i think would be a solution where you can up-/downvote posts, requiring a comment without text formatting(only links) which is displayed below the post,
and the comments can be up-/downvoted(without comment ofc) by the community to decide which votes are reasonable.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Aren't you over-thinking this? This mod is just to say "Thanks" for a helpful post, nothing more (except global thank you's for each account), nothing less. Up/down-voting posts would be too much and unnecassary.