IPB + L2J

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
mobius

IPB + L2J

Post by mobius »

Hello, i was wondering about if its possible to use the ipb and l2j account tables as 1

I played a server where you only create a account on his ipb forum and you can access to the game
mobius

Re: IPB + L2J

Post by mobius »

noone know?
DrHouse
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by DrHouse »

Just add some lines on IPB registration script to automatically create a new l2j account on the loginserver table. I don't know if IPB uses the same auth system (encoding, data structure) but you might want to keep things separated for security (maybe for performance too) rather than read from the same table.

Leadership and management are not talk and talk, but talk and do

Proud of being a part of this project
Zealar
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Zealar »

Ofc is can also there is few ways.

1) Edit L2 server to use forum account table for auth the login.
2) Edit IPB login to use L2 account table.
3) (and maybe best way) made a script when register in one palace like forum to automatic register in server too. Ofc you will need some validation checks before that.
mobius

Post by mobius »

i was looking the php script of registration form of ipb to add some lines, then make it to add email, username and pass to the l2 db but i cannot find it

but a better way would be try to merge both tables, to use only 1 table for l2j and ipb.. because this way i might be able to make scripts that had to take information from the characters table in l2gs db like

$blah1= "SELECT char_name from characters WHERE account_name='theloggedaccount'";

then the player can select between all his characters

and with this i would be able to make many many different scripts

like list all the online clan members
$blah2= "SELECT clanid from characters WHERE char_name='theselectedcharname'";

$blah3= "SELECT online from characters WHERE clanid='theclanoftheselectedchar'";

only a random example

or change his game password/email, or list all the items inside any of his char, or a unstuck for bugged chars, all without having to open another tab and login again, no, all this inside his member panel in the forum

or even something bigger, like the path of awakening from the off server or a web shop
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

IPB has hooks u can implement that without having to touch any of their files, but create a new one.
mobius

Post by mobius »

I found the solution.
Solved, close the topic pls
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

mobius wrote:I found the solution.
Solved, close the topic pls
You could also share the solution with other users.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.2.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
mobius

Post by mobius »

you must create a new field in the accounts table in l2jdb where you will store the ipb forum member_id
then you can create some kind of panel or any else, where members can create new accounts or manage existent accounts, all you need its to create a register form for l2j where also get the ipb member id and insert it in the field

Random Example:

Now you just need to create a panel that shows only to logged users in the forum, and there you can create scripts to register a game account, manage existent or any else.

I cant share a full panel, because this may vary depending of your page structure (css, etc)
But i will give you a little help =)

Code: Select all

<if test="$this->memberData['member_id']">you are logged (here show the code for logged members)<else />you are not logged (here show the code for guest)</if>
i think that this info would be helpful to integrate any kind of forum or cms with l2j
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

Sticky, it may help someone else, thanks :wink: