DataPack Editor

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
NosBit
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: DataPack Editor

Post by NosBit »

Nope there is nothing the wiki page you have showed haven't been touched since 2010...
siulx

Post by siulx »

Nos wrote:Nope there is nothing the wiki page you have showed haven't been touched since 2010...
well ... challenge accepted :twisted:
maybe for now Its best to simple edit the XML lines for each tag the program don't recognize
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

Should i mention that we're in the middle of huge rework of skills and that structure is about to be changed completely soon? :mrgreen:
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Yeah, maybe not. Might start a shitstorm.
Care to post an example skill structure in that reworked version?
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
siulx

Post by siulx »

well if u share more information about it, maybe I can make something that try to auto convert to the new format. still the program auto adapts to new tags and creates a log of unknown Tags.

will items / npcs / etc XML in datapack ... change soon also ? I can always pause the skills and start on other XMLs
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

NPCs shouldn't change, they were only recently made. Items might.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
NosBit
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by NosBit »

jurchiks wrote:NPCs shouldn't change, they were only recently made. Items might.
Yeah npcs wont change we have whatever we need inside them if something is gonna be changed is just the custom l2j parameters that i included we kinda plan to drop them not any time soon tho.
siulx

Post by siulx »

Challenge accepted :P :P :P

:twisted: :twisted:
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

siulx wrote:Sorry, I most be tired... I dint notice the diference between them XD affectRange, effectRange

anyway if I find "Set" with the same name its a xml error right ?
It won't display any errors, because XSD is not configured that way (probably is not configured at all).

The old skill design doesn't satisfy XML standards.

The <set name="" val="" /> is easy/good to parsel bulk-data, but it's really bad design. :|