[FIXED] Problem on character creating on own server

Find the proper support area, Saga-Version.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Lanamer

[FIXED] Problem on character creating on own server

Post by Lanamer »

I downloaded the interlude nightly l2j-server.zip and l2j-datapack.zip (from here: http://www.l2jserver.com/nightly/index. ... terlude%2F)
Done everything as in this manual: http://trac.l2jserver.com/wiki/L2J_Install
after i launch the login and the game server, i launch the client i have, i log in, select my server, but when i click on create character the gameserver writes me this:
Client: [Account: lanamer - IP: 127.0.0.1] - Failed writing: 23 CharTemplate
s - L2J Server Version: 1434 - DP Revision: ${l2jdp.revision}
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.l2j.gameserver.serverpackets.CharTemplates.writeImpl(CharTempl
ates.java:50)
at net.sf.l2j.gameserver.serverpackets.L2GameServerPacket.write(L2GameSe
rverPacket.java:43)
at com.l2jserver.mmocore.network.SelectorThread.prepareWriteBuffer(Selec
torThread.java:606)
at com.l2jserver.mmocore.network.SelectorThread.writePacket(SelectorThre
ad.java:530)
at com.l2jserver.mmocore.network.SelectorThread.run(SelectorThread.java:
232)

and ingame i get this message: Failed to create character.

any ideas what am i doing wrong?
Thanks in advance
jurchiks

Re: Problem on character creating on own server

Post by jurchiks »

You're using clean l2j Interlude, that's what you're doing wrong.
You should only touch that if you're experienced with l2j in general, not if you're just starting, because the Interlude branch is one of the crappiest (if not THE crappiest) of them all, it's riddled with bugs and errors.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Lanamer

Post by Lanamer »

K then, where can i get a normal, working Interlude server? or should i try the c5 instead?

i just want to run a local server for myself, to try out some things, dont need a bugless server just a working one...
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

I refactored Interlude with latest MMOCore version and made many fixes not present in following server versions, is not that bad, I don't have such error running Interlude server, I believe you are doing something wrong, probably wrong client.

Also as I state here viewtopic.php?f=82&t=24625 you shouldn't use nigthly builds from legacy projects.

Try to compile it using Eclipse and Java 7 and it will most likely work.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.2.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

I would personally suggest l2acis, they've have done some serious work on their Interlude fork, although they're currently reworking some big stuff (spawns and other things) so I'm not sure if it's good for a live server.
They don't have their sources available though (only somewhat old leaked ones), only builds, so if you want to edit the code then you'll probably have to look elsewhere.

@Zoey - maybe it's not THAT bad, but you have only reordered imports, updated libraries and fixed Eclipse warnings.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Lanamer

Post by Lanamer »

I already tried 5 interlude clients i could download and downloading 2 more atm, but its the same with every client i tried so far...
I'm not experienced with compilating Java, thats why i tried the nigthly builds...
Where can i get a manual on Eclypse/java compilation and how can i download the files you linked? cuz i only see them listed in the browser, but cant download them in one pack...
tyvm for help.
Tryskell

Post by Tryskell »

jurchiks wrote:I would personally suggest l2acis, they've have done some serious work on their Interlude fork, although they're currently reworking some big stuff (spawns and other things) so I'm not sure if it's good for a live server.
They don't have their sources available though (only somewhat old leaked ones), only builds, so if you want to edit the code then you'll probably have to look elsewhere.

@Zoey - maybe it's not THAT bad, but you have only reordered imports, updated libraries and fixed Eclipse warnings.
aCis sources got a free version, which is shared every 10revs. In one revision (rev 290), the 280 sources will be shared. Atm the 270 sources is shared. So you can consider aCis as a delayed open source project :P. To get latest, you have to work (report issues, make patches) or contribute financially.

As you stated, the pack is leaving from a big refactor (NPC templates use L2OFF base templates), but that rework is totaly stable (after one week and 4 revisions).

When spawnlist isn't my priority, it is under rework (Root handles it), and when it won't fit with retail (as you probably know it's impossible to fit with retail spawnlist until you use territory spawn system), it will be far better than current L2JIL (where half mobs are spawned inside ground, where the whole Orc Territory misses spawnlist, where many C5 and IL NPCs are missing making implementation of C5/IL quests/features impossible). I count to refactor spawnlist using L2OFF system in many months, once the pack is "completed".

L2J IL is a good start for any fork project, but it's not usable under current form. IL is forked because no one from L2J works about L2J IL branch anymore, you know.

PS : aCis is stable and usable for high rates ("only" 325 scripts made atm). 550ppl server used my pack for 3 months. The server was using 2,5giga RAM with geodata on, and I counted it could handle something like 4k max.

PS2 : I'm not making my promo, I just give informations. You can also test others forks, such as L2JFrozen (Zoey76 helps them), L2RT, Scoria (L2JFrozen based on that pack) and the 1.000.000 russians forks over there.

-----------------------

About initial topic, did you added datapack correctly ? It looks like L2CharTemplate doesn't retrieve infos.
Lanamer

Post by Lanamer »

I added the datapack as shown in the manual, but during it i got several error messages i cant deal with, so i just hit continue all the time...
these are the sql names where the error accurered:
(the .txt files with upgrade-*.sql names)
in every error message is the following (with various lines):
"ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 6: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 40"

i dont know how to make them install properly, cuz i did not change anything in the downloaded database files, so i dont understand why they have errors....

i get this message during database installation:

Something caused an error while executing instruction :
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin\mysql.exe -h localhost -u root --pas
sword=****** -D l2jdb

with file armor.sql

What we should do now?

(l)og it: I will create a log for this file, then continue
with the rest of the list in non-logging mode.

(c)ontinue: Let's pretend that nothing happened and continue with
the rest of the list.

(r)econfigure: Perhaps these errors were caused by a typo.
you can restart from scratch and redefine paths, databases
and user info again.

(q)uit now

Choose (default continue):
Tryskell

Post by Tryskell »

Edit all your mySQL tables and drop myISAM parameter or edit it to fit with correct syntax (reading mySQL 5.5 doc).
Lanamer

Post by Lanamer »

Tryskell wrote:Edit all your mySQL tables and drop myISAM parameter.
I just started to work with MySQL, i have HeidiSQL for database editing if i undrestood correctly from the manual... so how can i change the myISAM parameter and where should i do it?
sorry but i am not really handy with these database things :S
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

datapack != database (at least not completely). You need to copy the datapack files OVER the core files, i.e. extract L2J_Server.zip somewhere, extract L2J_DataPack.zip somewhere else, and move files from datapack over to server.
I don't know if the IL structure is the same, but basically you should have a "data" folder in both server and datapack folders. If you do, you can safely copy them over.
That, or you could change the config that tells the core where to look for datapack, but there's really no reason to have them in separate folders unless they're like on different hard drives or something.
Lanamer

Post by Lanamer »

i did everything from the beginning again, (extracting, merging, ip, password, database install, hexid,...)
and the same problem again... dunno what to do...
Tryskell, can u please explain me how do u mean that, what files to open and what to change, and where? tyvm
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

open all the SQL files, find the lines that say "TYPE=MyISAM" and change them to "ENGINE=MyISAM".
Lanamer

Post by Lanamer »

jurchiks wrote:open all the SQL files, find the lines that say "TYPE=MyISAM" and change them to "ENGINE=MyISAM".
tyvm will try this
Tryskell

Post by Tryskell »

jurchiks wrote:open all the SQL files, find the lines that say "TYPE=MyISAM" and change them to "ENGINE=MyISAM".
I didn't rem the syntax but it should be that.

----

Use notepad++ "replace all" option ofc, don't change all tables at hand...

There is a sql folder with all sql inside in the root of dp project normally.