L2j server question's...

Find the proper support area, Saga-Version.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Silv3rMoon

L2j server question's...

Post by Silv3rMoon »

got it
Last edited by Silv3rMoon on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ahmed
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: L2j server question's...

Post by Ahmed »

Server Info and Setup:
http://trac.l2jserver.com/wiki/ServerInfo_and_Setup

You can modify anything you like in the source code and datapack as you wish.

question about better balance:
Good luck :), the formula's we use are as close to retail as we know of. If there needs to be better balance its correcting the formulas. if you find a mistake you can make a topic about it and other users and devs will investigate.

Question about Char_template:
Try it and find out.

Please use the search, you could have answered these questions by yourself by using the search and by trial and error.
Silv3rMoon

Post by Silv3rMoon »

I'm trying to make PvP server with buffs.... So it's not realy same as normal mid rate or low rate server :)
I respect L2j team... and i think your balance is best for low,mid rate but for PvP :D Need alot of changes...
to make .. everything work normal on pvp server, but on normal you can't have 30 buffs 16/15 dance song...
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

but on normal you can't have 30 buffs 16/15 dance song
you only need to change two configs for that...
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Silv3rMoon

Post by Silv3rMoon »

Wich one exacly? :D
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

Silv3rMoon wrote:Wich one exacly? :D
Character.properties

Code: Select all

# Maximum number of buffs and songs/dances.# Remember that Divine Inspiration will give players 4 additional buff slots on top of the number specified in "maxbuffamount".# Default: 20, 12, 12MaxBuffAmount = 20 #MaxTriggeredBuffAmount = 12 #MaxDanceAmount = 12
Silv3rMoon

Post by Silv3rMoon »

Well, i want full buffs :D This is PvP server ;)
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

And what seems to be the problem in increasing those config values??
Jesus, if you can't even change some configs, how do you expect to administer the server?
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
djmouse

Post by djmouse »

jurchiks wrote: how do you expect to administer the server?
With God's help :D
Silv3rMoon

Post by Silv3rMoon »

You dont understand me clear, i mean what exacly to change to make battle style like normal, but with buffs, balance....
Should i edit stats?
I know how to change confi...
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

If you tell us what exactly you want to do with lots of information we could help ya.
Ahmed
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Ahmed »

Silv3rMoon wrote:You dont understand me clear, i mean what exacly to change to make battle style like normal, but with buffs, balance....
Should i edit stats?
I know how to change confi...
To be honest i don't think anyone understands what you are trying to do except you, and i mean that with no disrespect :).

To make the battle style normal:
change nothing

To allow more buffs/etc:
Modify the config files

To change base character stats:
Modify L2J_Server_Home\game\data\stats\chars\pcBaseStats.xml

To modify skill attributes (Passive, Active...etc.):
Modify L2J_Server_Home\game\data\stats\skills\*.xml

Anything else specific you wanna ask specifically we can answer...

HOWEVER, once you start changing these stats and values you will seriously unbalance the game play in the server and I doubt any dev or community member here will sit down and correctly answer any questions about balance after any of these stats/vals/etc are changed. I don't mean that we don't want to help you, i just mean that it is not possible. These values are set the way they are to have retail like balance, and changing them in one way or another will cause other issues because they pass through mathematical equations. So for example, by changing one part to increase mDef or pDef you will throw off the pAtk and mAtk balance as well as many other things that are intertwined.

That's as best as i can explain it without getting too technical which would defeat the purpose here.
So once again, its not that we wont want too help, its that we cant and when i say impossible above i am referring to time constraints that everyone here has, technically it IS possible, but irrational in my opinion.
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

Usually admin's making the huge mistake to allow more buff slots to players and that makes serious balance damage to the server.

Once you do that tanks will over-take the server because you allowing them to use all buffs and they will no longer need to choose defense or attack buffs but both.

After that daggers will start doing some incredible damages like 15k and one-hit-killing all the robes and light wearing characters.

So my suggestion is do not increase buff slots if you don't know what you are doing.
Silv3rMoon

Post by Silv3rMoon »

PvP server mean's fast Exp, and alot buff slot's.
But as you know on normal Lineage II server noone can reach so much buff's. In the same second...
Noone can be + max for 1 day...

So if you have RB jewels on normal mid/low rate server it would be normal skills to miss you.
But if you have full buff's + RB jewels + full attribute and ressists +30 ...% of skills is realy low to land :).
And becouse of most stupid pvp server's people's mind about L2 PvP server has been changed from normal to not normal.

For this most of skill landrate should be edited, i'm asking you should i edit stats of classes to make
"Battle Style = Balance" = "Example: Tank>Archer always".
I realize that the problem is that people want them skills to land, and this is most funny thing. :D

Thanks if someone read this and answer. I know this is big question but i know you guys here are most expirianced in this part so... xD
Tryskell

Post by Tryskell »

Dude, learn some Java and forget about to administrate a server for that amount of time (3 to 6 months). The fact is you're restricted about what you can do if you aren't able to compile sources. There are so much servers and others games than if you got nothing special on your server, it will die before 1 month of lifetime.

PvP servers = 99,9% of servers. Now guess where players will go between :
- a server with original ideas/gameplay with an admin who can reacts if he meets a bug ;
- a server with generic gameplay where admin knowledge is only about tweaking DP side.

Just seeing how you begged for that buffer unclosed connection FOR 3 WEEKS shows me I'm right (and I'm often right :twisted:)

And as said UnAfraid, and as I said everywhere I go, buffs slots is the number 1 error on a pvp server. L2 has never been made to get all slots filled with 1 hour buffs shit. If dances/songs are 4min there is a reason. There is a reason why enchant success is low. There are reasons and choices for all, and what you think is "cool" just destroy the balance.