How to set up L2j server ( downloaded with Eclipse)

Find the proper support area, Saga-Version.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
KingSton

How to set up L2j server ( downloaded with Eclipse)

Post by KingSton »

Hello,

I downloaded server pack ( Gameserver and DataPack for interlude ) with Eclipse. Went to the workplace, found files there. Could anybody explain how set up server from these files? :?:

Main problem is that folders are sorted unusualy like in Nightlies versions where are Gameserver, Loginserver, Sql, Tools folders. In version, that I downloaded with Eclipse everything is different (mixed) and I just don't know how to set it corectly.

I know, this is stupid question, but I have never used these files before, I haven't experience so much.
Everybody is special, but not everyone can find his specific skills.
jurchiks

Re: How to set up L2j server ( downloaded with Eclipse)

Post by jurchiks »

In each project, there's a build.xml file.
Right-click it, choose Run As... > Ant build.
???
PROFIT!
builds in /build/projectname.zip
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
JustLikeMe

Post by JustLikeMe »

jurchiks wrote:In each project, there's a build.xml file.
Right-click it, choose Run As... > Ant build.
???
PROFIT!
builds in /build/projectname.zip
Yes thats right, but I think that he is expecting more than compiling. He wants to know what files should be where (setup).

If you compiled the code from both server and datapack you can access them from the workspace. (You should know where it is since at start you are asked where it should be placed). Next step is to make a folder.

1. Make a folder anywhere recommended in C:/ path, name it whatever you like e.g. I have named it l2jserver.
2. Go to workspace->L2_Gameserver->build. You will see a L2J_Server.RAR file.
3. Extract L2J_Server.RAR inside the folder which you made at start. (l2jserver for me)

4. Now go to workspace->datapack_development->build. You will see a L2J_DataPack.RAR file.
5. Extract L2J_DataPack.RAR inside the folder which you made at start. (l2jserver for me)
If you are asked to merge or replace files press ok.

Some or all of the folders in both L2J_Server.RAR and L2J_DataPack.RAR are the same and they contain different files. So basicly the setup is to merge the files of those two .RARs. Now the next step is to configure the server from l2jserver->gameserver->L2JConfig. Good luck.
Last edited by JustLikeMe on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Now the next step is to configure the server from l2jserver->gameserver->config.java
What?
Oh no you didn't!
Configs must ONLY be changed in dist/gameserver/config and dist/loginserver/config, never in code!
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
JustLikeMe

Post by JustLikeMe »

jurchiks wrote:
Now the next step is to configure the server from l2jserver->gameserver->config.java
What?
Oh no you didn't!
Configs must ONLY be changed in dist/gameserver/config and dist/loginserver/config, never in code!
Hmm I don't know exactly what you are saying, but the path which I provided is not in eclipse, but in the folder which contains the merged files (L2J_Server.RAR and L2J_DataPack.RAR).

Or maybe you are trolling me? :mrgreen:
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

there is no config.java in gameserver folder.
JustLikeMe

Post by JustLikeMe »

Yea you are right, I will fix it.
(l2jserver->gameserver->L2JConfig)