Hello, l2j. [interlude running on debian]

Find the proper support area, Saga-Version.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Hello, l2j. [interlude running on debian]

Post by Zoey76 »

jurchiks wrote:I don't think you should argue about that, it won't change anything anyway.
His post would make us (developers at L2J) like the bad guys that ignore forks, and that is not true :wink:

I'm tired of people trying to bash us, although I believe it wasn't Tryskell intention.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.2.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Of course it wasn't, that's why it's pointless to argue about.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Tryskell

Post by Tryskell »

You can commit whatever you want from my timeline, another solution is (erm, do you see *it* coming ? ) :

- if L2J Team wants eventually get IL branch active anew
- if L2J Team find my works worths it
I can "merge" with L2J IL (understand c/p my project instead of current L2J IL). I'm only interested to IL stuff so...
Obvious is obvious, I was interested by the second possibility :lol: . That last proposition has never been answered (or by previous "I will eventually commit", which if you know the character, isn't enough :evil: ).

"One ring to rule them all."

What better possible move than being part of the official L2J system, and being used by 80% of users ? Same about testers. Remember than back to that time, I was still "fully open source", and shares were rare. From what I rem, I was reacting to your MMOCore rework. My idea was (and still is) : "it's pointless to make it if someone already made it".

Anyway, old times tactics is old :lol:

You make good work, my latest rev follow yours (didn't you see this one on rev 254 : Following Zoey76's (better known as "L2J cleanup guru")), and I credit ppl when I can. I also share things with you on PMs when I judge you can use them (and they can be commited...), and I see credits too. All are happy, so... Atm I have choosen a path to get shares, but who knows, perhaps one day... If I'm allmighty on IL chronicle :lol:, my celestial power will come to Earth and save poor heretics (you know in wars, "others" are always enemies/inferior :lol: ).

Ok I stop with fat jokes, ppl will think I got a big ego, which isn't totally wrong...
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

I know, that's why I recommended your pack, because our Interlude is far from optimal.

Anyway, let's not get more off-topic here. :D
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.2.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
iinsomn

Post by iinsomn »

Zoey76 wrote:I know, that's why I recommended your pack, because our Interlude is far from optimal.

Anyway, let's not get more off-topic here. :D
Yes, please. It's my topic and I'm willing and trying to get up interlude again, I just want to know as much as I can for each of this forks in order to, I don't know, maybe get a little more involved in something I enjoy doing. Wouldn't you rather talk a little bit about the architecture of your sources? This way, we could all benefit instead of just raging, which is cool and all but I'd really like to get involved, and I couldn't find l2jserver or datapack for interlude in the svn, frozen has broken install_database.sh (at least for mac osx and debian 2.6.32-5-amd64) and which I am trying to fix, no idea why, I know there's no need for it in order to create the db schema, but at least is something to do. The only reply I got at the forums was "Is it a windows server or a linux?", and aCis I still haven't tried, but will do as soon I get this frozen issue out of the way.

:)

Would you be willing to call it a truce, and throw me a bone here, like the differences between branches, what's seems to be your branches of choice strengths and weakness? I't would be awesome. And I promise to digg deeper into such points and help as much as I can.
[I,insomn]
Tryskell

Post by Tryskell »

If you mean differences between :
- L2J IL regular sources (as they are currently commited)
- L2JFrozen
- aCis

I simply can repeat what I said higher.

GENERALITIES

L2J IL is outdated (end of developement in 2007). Zoey76 made 2 commits for IL (warnings cleanup and MMOCore rework), which, when it fixes some critical issues is clearly not enough. L2JIL should be used as a base for a pack if you haven't any other alternative (as I did it myself, 18 months ago).

aCis is based on "latest" L2JIL (Zoey commited since that time so I can't use "latest" word anymore, but I made those changes (MMOCore + warning cleanup) before him so, stricto sensu I can't use "latest" but the finality is the same), then used L2J postIL chronicles. Which means, many refactors such as :
- zone system (1011 zones overall instead of... 150 ?)
- AI system (mobs use their skill list and got an AI based on fighter/mage/archer/balanced system)
- scripts in Java and not on Jython anymore
- partymatching system.
- skills refactor
- items refactor (SA on dual, extractable items,...)
- many static data ported to XML rather than keeping SQL.
- many others, fixing shitload of stuff : doDie, summons avoid system,... Read timeline, I could write a book simply writing fixes.
A lot of things looks like Freya/hi5 (but IL behaviors have been kept), so ppl coming from those chronicles aren't really lost.

L2JFrozen is based on a Scoria leak (which is a russian private fork from dunno what other fork). It was kinda old leak as they didn't have partymatching for example (they used my own work to implement it). I never took time to check L2JFrozen (nor Scoria) sources, but russians are known to make shitty code, and some parts of Scoria are sometimes lol (when I take time to read L2JFrozen timeline). I dislike how L2JFrozen work, and it's the main reason the fusion between projects never gone better than an pre-alpha version. It's as simple as it is.

POINT OF VIEWS

This is where you can choose one side or the other.

- L2JFrozen code mostly for fun, adding a lot of customs = fast configured server.
- aCis clean all custom I considered as useless and aim retail/L2OFF behavior = you add whatever you want and don't have to clean ugly-coded customs yourself. Which make config files and some parts of code easy to read.

L2J tends to be between both.

WORD OF THE END

My PoV can be considered biased about L2JFrozen (as we are "concurrent" - at least on chronicle), so make your own opinion.

There are way too much differences between projects, both about coding style, implication && goals.

L2J should be used as emergency, giving the fact some packs made a lot of works (mine included), it's kinda pointless to use it, until you want to show to everyone you got a big e-penis as I did with aCis. But the finality is one day or later you will do the same as I did (except the custom cleaning... near all was needed).
iinsomn

Post by iinsomn »

Thanks for all the help and info Tryskell, you've really put things in perspective for me.
I'll check your branch on the weekend since I've got plenty to do at the moment.

Again Thank you all, and be seeing you all around.
[I,insomn]