Page 1 of 2

old server not running on w10

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:07 pm
by puredemonsss
- hi there and sorry for bad engllish !
- nice to see the community still working on it !
- so here is my story !
- it has to be windows right ?

like in 2012-07-08-loginlog.txt i had an laptop with win 7 x64 with java sdk 7u45
istaled the l2j h5 server that was already compiled and archived version from here
extracted in same folder an all settings done and all kind of links and stuff
then worked like 4 years yea with no problem
then ported its database and file server to another w7 x64 with same java version
and continued working till today fine with all the custom things i have done to it in these years
so the first log on this server is crazy like 2012-07-08-loginlog.txt yes working till today
you guys made a very stable version omg to keep playing for years with no big problems : )
now the problem is that now i tested w 10 x64 pro with same java version as usual
and all good for mysql and all imported database and java path set like always
now all is working ok but like always is windows isnt it
i start login server .bat like always and it gives me this crap !
usualy i fix it because java versions and paths but this this thiiissss
so maybe the server wants to say hi there for you guys for so long time : ))
so here is the errory crap ! i know the server is ok recopyied it as always just in case but maybe needs some changes due to w10 ?

Could not find or load main class com.l2jserver.loginserver.L2LoginServer

it works ok on other machines with w7x64 same java and even different my sql versions
but in w10 it gives this crappy error !
all is set up properly but i think there is a problem in w 10 maybe in command shell perhaps or bat or something funny going on about it !
restriction on administrator or something ? i dunno really !
java -version and javac -version looks ok so the path i set as always is fine as in other machines are same and ok !
so the command .bat is this

java -Xms128m -Xmx128m -cp ./../libs/*;l2jlogin.jar com.l2jserver.loginserver.L2LoginServer

do it needs to be changed or something in w10 ?

- so if you guys have any ideas ?
- i don't want to install another version because its heavy customized and all for fun !
- funny fact that in all machines using w7x64 same java version is working like copy paste !
- thank you much !

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 am
by Edoogel
Hi, you need Java 11 to start the server

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:05 pm
by puredemonsss
Edoogel wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 am
Hi, you need Java 11 to start the server
well i tried but its an old build from 2012 and i really want this one to work : (
gives this error

Error: Could not find or load main class com.l2jserver.loginserver.L2LoginServer
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.l2jserver.loginserver.L2LoginServer

- thanx for reply anyway !
- i'm left with no ideas !
- so any other ideas you guys ?

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:42 pm
by puredemonsss
so i have tried with almost all the java you guys : (

java se sdk 11.0.2 x64
java se sdk 8u45 x64
java se sdk 8u25 x64
java se sdk 7u45 x64
java se sdk 7u25 x64
java se sdk 6u45 x64
java se sdk 6u25 x64

set the path for every one of them one by one
and tested in command powershell to give the right version of java -version and javac -version
and still this error

Error: Could not find or load main class com.l2jserver.loginserver.L2LoginServer

so whats next ?

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:22 pm
by puredemonsss
i have a question you guys !
can i run the already compiled sever in a close environment
can i use eclipse to use it ?
have any tips ?
thanx !

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:23 pm
by Edoogel

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:17 am
by puredemonsss
Edoogel wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:23 pm
read here


viewtopic.php?f=94&t=32326&p=194172#p194167
thanx for your response
but i don't want to build another server
i want to start this old one i have already
its working ok in windows7x64 with java 7u45
but in windows10x64 with java 7u45 gives this error when i star the login
the command is this inside the .bat file
java -Xms128m -Xmx128m -cp ./../libs/*;l2jlogin.jar com.l2jserver.loginserver.L2LoginServer
and give this error
Error: Could not find or load main class com.l2jserver.loginserver.L2LoginServer
why in w7 works ok but in w10 gives error ?
do java works different in w10 ?
how do i isolate and run the already compiled and set up server from w10 ?
it must be something its happening to java in w10 right ?
the java paths are ok and even tryed like 10 different setups from oracle articles but none worked
its like java is not finding the links or paths
can be my w10 that its faulty ?
ill try on another machine with w10 and report if it works coz in all w7 machines is working like copy paste

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:20 pm
by regenx
Java and L2J on Windows OS, lol. :crazy:
Try Linux.. :+1: :wave:

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:59 pm
by puredemonsss
regenx wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:20 pm
Java and L2J on Windows OS, lol. :crazy:
Try Linux.. :+1: :wave:
so let me see
you say that i need a separate system to host the server and a separate system to run the client ?
no thanx ! its too much fuss to do that realy just for some few of us that play on it
and on localhost the ping is small too soo . . . thanx aniway !
just want this one that i have to run on windows10
i have tested it on a few w10 systems and not working
but on w7 it runs with no problem
so it has to be something with windows restrincting java from running or something
i know that w10 haves and impact on programs and not letting them manifest as needed !
aiway ill post here if i find something around this problem !

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:47 pm
by Zoey76
Are you using an old version for some reason?

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:32 am
by puredemonsss
Zoey76 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Are you using an old version for some reason?
hey ^_<
yes because its heavy modded and can't just install a new one
i mean i tested the new ones and are great
but i want to keep this one working tho

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:00 am
by Zoey76
puredemonsss wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:32 am
Zoey76 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Are you using an old version for some reason?
hey ^_<
yes because its heavy modded and can't just install a new one
i mean i tested the new ones and are great
but i want to keep this one working tho
Okay, not sure how to help you, can you share the server code?

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:37 am
by puredemonsss
Zoey76 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:00 am
Okay, not sure how to help you, can you share the server code?
thanks for helping !
do i make an arhive of the last server and data base i currently use now ?
do i pm you the link ? or . . .

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 am
by Zoey76
If you PM me a link I'll download and install it and tweak the code until it starts.

Re: old server not running on w10

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 pm
by regenx
puredemonsss wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:59 pm
regenx wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:20 pm
Java and L2J on Windows OS, lol. :crazy:
Try Linux.. :+1: :wave:
so let me see
you say that i need a separate system to host the server and a separate system to run the client ?
no thanx ! its too much fuss to do that realy just for some few of us that play on it
and on localhost the ping is small too soo . . . thanx aniway !
just want this one that i have to run on windows10
i have tested it on a few w10 systems and not working
but on w7 it runs with no problem
so it has to be something with windows restrincting java from running or something
i know that w10 haves and impact on programs and not letting them manifest as needed !
aiway ill post here if i find something around this problem !
Wait a minute.. I don't say that you'll need separate systems OMG. I said that to try on Linux OS because it is much easier and stable than Windows.

.. and as far as I know any L2J server version is working and is compatible with any operating system, but in your case it is something different because you have something missing or who knows.

I'm using Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and 18.04.2 LTS with Java 1.8 and Java 1.6 on my PC with Eclipse Luna and on my remote server too and I have no problem in compiling or starting servers, game clients are working too on Windows 10, 7 even on Linux via WINE. 😉👍

100% it is from your PC configurations and how Java is installed and configured. Check your configs.. GL