We moved our repositories to BitBucket!

If you can't login or you can't register to the forums do not rise an issue, instead please write to support (at) l2jserver.com

Check our wiki!

Report server issues here

Forum has been updated to phpBB 3.2, let's see if this fixes some minor bugs we had.

Thank you for visiting http://www.l2jserver.com/

MySQL reports too many connections..

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
KGB1st

MySQL reports too many connections..

Post by KGB1st » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:44 pm

WAH with mysql? It reported that "Too many connections" In mysqls' servers configuration file I set the max_connections = 1000, in server.properties default as 100 connections. Why I've on other resources, such as php engine, and it reported about error with too many connection?

I thought that 1000-MaximumDbConnections = 900 free connections. But java used more that 100 connection, or reopen new connection very fast, before old asc closed. Are you lost your mind? What a hell with mysql connections, why there are so many?

Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: MySQL reports too many connections..

Post by Sacrifice » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 pm

KGB1st wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:44 pm
WAH with mysql? It reported that "Too many connections" In mysqls' servers configuration file I set the max_connections = 1000, in server.properties default as 100 connections. Why I've on other resources, such as php engine, and it reported about error with too many connection?

I thought that 1000-MaximumDbConnections = 900 free connections. But java used more that 100 connection, or reopen new connection very fast, before old asc closed. Are you lost your mind? What a hell with mysql connections, why there are so many?
I have noticed the guts of the source code and it is clear that when a try is made to open a connection to the database and interact with it, I have seen that there is usually no finally to close the connection if it has nothing what to do. But it is also true that there is a task that takes care of every 60 seconds in closing the open connections (all) so you do not worry about that.
Retail GameMaster and Developer using Eclipse for Java Developers (64 bits), OpenJDK11 (64 bits), MySQL 8.0+ (64 bits).

KGB1st

Re: MySQL reports too many connections..

Post by KGB1st » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 am

not fully understand what you mean. But something I know, if default mysqls' configuration named such as "connection timeout" is unlimited or very long, we can see a lot of mysql connections in sum.

p.s. maybe my dedicated server not supported many TCP connections, before posting I didn't cheked this. sorry/
p.s.s. limited to 50 connections and problems out..

.. and linux can use sockets)