Update Master server/data pack

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Jcof88rt

Update Master server/data pack

Post by Jcof88rt »

Hello all, I was trying to figure out why when I check out the master copy of data and server pack it was not in the package explorer but I found the answer you have to run the gradlew.bat and I found the zip file, so here is my question how can I edit code if I cant compile this ? Thanks
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Re: Update Master server/data pack

Post by HorridoJoho »

If you want, you can first modify the sourcecode in the src folder and then run gradlew.bat to rebuild your server with the updated code. Gradle compiles your code and builds the application distribution into that zip file.

You can also use a java ide to edit code. Many use Eclipse from Eclipse.org but there alternatives like IntelliJ, Netbeans and more.
Jcof88rt

Post by Jcof88rt »

Sounds great thanks for the help, just one more thing when I took both the server and data pack and placed them into my server folder, under tools there is nothing to install the data base just 2 sql files is that normal or did it get messed up? Thanks again
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

You have to put both zip files into the same folder, then you first unpack the L2JServer zip file in the same folder, something like "Unpack here..." and then L2JDataPack zip with "Unpack here...".
Jcof88rt

Post by Jcof88rt »

Thanks for the reply, so I added both server and data backs to same folder and did the extract files here options and still only have 2 sqls and 2 jar in the tools folder, cant seem to find a database installer here is a pic Thanks

EDIT: OK so I found that if I right click on the jar files and open with java it opens the l2j data base installer, Sorry to bug you :D, its been a few years, last time I ran a server it had the installer in a bat file. Just one more quest and ill leave you alone lol, so I got the server set up and trying to star game server and I get this error what did I do wrong ? thanks

HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

That means that your server tries to bind the TCP port specified in Server.properties and that port ist already used by another application on your system (the 7777 one). Make sure you did not start the gameserver twice.
Jcof88rt

Post by Jcof88rt »

I don't think I have anything else using that port, also I only start game server once, here is some pics of my configs I believe I have them right

MY IPS
External : 174.xxx.xxx.123
PC: 192.168.0.13
gateway: 192.168.0.1

Login server Config

Game Server Config

Ipconfig.xml

Router
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

9014 TCP/UDP on router, why?
2106 TCP/UDP why?
7777 TCP/UDP why?
80 TCP/UDP why?
3306 TCP/UDP why?

Config all ports as TCP only. L2j doesn't use UDP and also doesn't use 9014 port.

Disable UPNP on loginserver and gameserver (True to False)... You're actually doing this job manually opening ports on routers/firewalls/etc etc.
Jcof88rt

Post by Jcof88rt »

That worked Thanks so much
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

:wink: :+1: :clap:
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

Don't use ipconfig.xml unless you know what you're doing.
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

UnAfraid wrote:Don't use ipconfig.xml unless you know what you're doing.
I think you mean modify? Because it is always there isn't it?
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

HorridoJoho wrote:
UnAfraid wrote:Don't use ipconfig.xml unless you know what you're doing.
I think you mean modify? Because it is always there isn't it?
This ipconfig.xml file not is from L2J. That's very very true. Ppl are using this forums to ask from other forks.

To take in consideration the next time, please.
Sdw
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Sdw »

rofl xD

ipconfig is l2j, why the hell you bring forks on the table ? And he just says don't use it if you don't know what the hell you're doing. Of course it can be modify otherwise otherwise.
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

Sdw wrote:rofl xD

ipconfig is l2j, why the hell you bring forks on the table ? And he just says don't use it if you don't know what the hell you're doing. Of course it can be modify otherwise otherwise.
Forget that I exist for you right?. Or is it that you love me? ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: