Help with karma

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Bruteforce

Help with karma

Post by Bruteforce »

Hi!

I need some help. I think karma cleansing is too easy, so I tried to make it harder for the players by doing this:

Code: Select all

Index: java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/actor/instance/L2PcInstance.java===================================================================--- java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/actor/instance/L2PcInstance.java   (revision 2857)+++ java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/actor/instance/L2PcInstance.java   (working copy)@@ -5370,13 +5370,7 @@        expGained /= Config.KARMA_XP_DIVIDER;         // FIXME Micht : Maybe this code should be fixed and karma set to a long value        int karmaLost = 0;        if (expGained > Integer.MAX_VALUE)            karmaLost = Integer.MAX_VALUE;        else            karmaLost = (int)expGained;         if (karmaLost < Config.KARMA_LOST_BASE) karmaLost = Config.KARMA_LOST_BASE;+       if (karmaLost > 1000) karmaLost = 1000;        if (karmaLost > getKarma()) karmaLost = getKarma();         return karmaLost; 
With this patch, the highest amount of karma you ever loose is 1000.
All is OK so far.
Problem is that the player loses another 1000 karma when he is resurrected.
Can somebody help me figure out how to stop this? :)

Thanks in advance!
nekys

Re: Help with karma

Post by nekys »

Karma drop rate is dependent to the exp/sp rate. More exp/sp rate, faster the karma drops. I think that there is option to configure karma drop rate in the rates.properties.
Bruteforce

Post by Bruteforce »

In character.properties you can configure what a chaotic player can and can't do, like use GK and such.

In rates.properties you can configure RateKarmaExpLost which I'm not sure what it means. Rate Karma Experience Lost...what does that mean? Maybe how much exp they're losing when killed.
You can also configure how much stuff a chaotic player drops when killed.

In pvp.properties you can configure how the karma is set, the min and max and how fast the player can work it off.
But nowhere is explained why you lose extra karma when you're resurrected after death. I just don't find the logic.
_DS_
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by _DS_ »

Check karma variables in pvp.properties.
Commiter of the shit
public static final int PI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795;
StevenP

Post by StevenP »

I've found another problem karma related:
karma point removed exping are proportional to the exp but, introducing vitality, exp rate is no more fixed.
In this way we have chatic characters that simply wait for vitality replenish, than exit and remove their karma with 3x boost.
Someone has info on Karma gain/reduce on offi ?
Bruteforce

Post by Bruteforce »

_DS_ wrote:Check karma variables in pvp.properties.
There is no such variable in there.
Only min, max, xpdivider and basekarmalost.
_DS_
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by _DS_ »

On my server xp rate 10x so i set xpdivider to 2600. Results are ok for me.
Commiter of the shit
public static final int PI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795;
Bruteforce

Post by Bruteforce »

_DS_ wrote:On my server xp rate 10x so i set xpdivider to 2600. Results are ok for me.
My x12 server has a similar number, but this still doesn't explain why karma is reduced upon resurrection too.