Finaly l2jserver Project has END

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
zeusgrs

Finaly l2jserver Project has END

Post by zeusgrs »

Hi guys, Users, Admins and Moderators

finally After 10-15 year this project has END?

Git close 1+ month ago the source , but i don’t see any move from administrator
to host the source in other provider.

L2j is 100% new code from begin, is not illegal, ncs0ft code is write with c not java
this code is not a steal code from this company. but write string by string from opensource developers.

i see some years ago this project to take again life , but now die again.

i hope only ONE user,admin,moderator give a life kiss again in this perfect project
and host the source again in one free provider, like assebla , svn etc.

i want a simple answer if possible from admin
this project has END?

ty, and sorry for my very bad English
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Finaly l2jserver Project has END

Post by Sacrifice »

//spawn Inner Circle :think:
DevOps and Java Developer using Eclipse, Java 21, MySQL 8.0+
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

As Zoey already mentioned in some other thread, legal ways are very complicated and usually they take long time to finalize. There is no other way to survive legal case as to be fully prepared and it all does cost time and money (legal adviser/lawyer). To face DMCA is very sensitive matter because if Github received DMCA and acted accordingly from their point of view, so will do act like that other services similar to Github and internet providers as well.

Long story short. If we want to succeed in countering this DMCA and to be safe for future, we need to win this situation and not move and move and move somewhere else. Soon we would not have any place to move to. I hope you understand the sensitive matter of this situation. No panic or rage can help.

Regards

Aiki
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

Aikimaniac wrote:As Zoey already mentioned in some other thread, legal ways are very complicated and usually they take long time to finalize. There is no other way to survive legal case as to be fully prepared and it all does cost time and money (legal adviser/lawyer). To face DMCA is very sensitive matter because if Github received DMCA and acted accordingly from their point of view, so will do act like that other services similar to Github and internet providers as well.

Long story short. If we want to succeed in countering this DMCA and to be safe for future, we need to win this situation and not move and move and move somewhere else. Soon we would not have any place to move to. I hope you understand the sensitive matter of this situation. No panic or rage can help.

Regards

Aiki
Yes!. I hope that Inner Circle wins the case. Surely yes. I will wait all the time that be needed.

Mind, you are the best!
DevOps and Java Developer using Eclipse, Java 21, MySQL 8.0+
vangog

Post by vangog »

Legal services as a rule not from cheap you have enough funds for it?
augusto

Post by augusto »

Hi guys. I appeared in a terrible moment, but this is not going to end this great project.

There is one think I would like to say, an idea I've been thinking about, hope the Inner Circle considers it. Amazon AWS offers several options to host virtual machines (Storage, webservices, databases, etc). Amazon already counts with powerful security and high Internet velocity. What would you think if someone is able to host a Linux machine, really cheap and efficient (I have one and I pay an average of $2 monthly), with a GIT or Mercurial service to host private projects, lets say something like one big JAVA application, or two. The administration will be managed by the Inner Circle, protected and avoiding third party influences. Something like what is happening today will be avoided.

Actually, I came here for a fresh copy of l2j to do just that, host my server on AWS, and play. If you like this idea, I can help with any part of the process if needed. That way you'll own the hosting system completely, and with all Amazon advantages. This setup should not take over 2 hours configuration, it's very simple and with all important github functions.

It's a proposition, in case the defense against the DMCA becomes a hell and wants to take ownership of the hosting service.

I also hope everything gets resolved. Regards.
regenx

Post by regenx »

What about old SVN system? Or Google?
Or we can get one private VPS somewhere in Netherlands or Germany and there we can install SVN or something similar with GIT.
? :+1:

I like SVN too, GIT sux a lot.

Java / Eclipse / SVN / HeidiSQL and that's all we need FTW! :+1:
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

"Awesome Lineage II server emulator!"... this one definitely doesn't help, considering the current situation.

According to the User Agreement:
8. PROHIBITED AND IRREPARABLY HARMFUL ACTIVITIES CONCERNING NCZ0ft

You acknowledge that You may not, without signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of NCZ0ft, do any of the following:

(i) Use, obtain or provide data related to operation of the Game, including but not limited to:

(iv) software not provided by NCZ0ft which creates or maintains any communication to the Game or Service, including but not limited to any software that emulates the Game or any part thereof as well as any server that emulates the Service or any part thereof;
I don't think that they care if it's powered by Java, C++, Assembler or FORTRAN 95. They just have a problem with the "Lineage II server emulator" thing.
If it was a MMO Server Framework, they can do nothing, I think... :lol:
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

L2J started to exist and being developed when there was not in EULA any part which mentioned server emulation or anything that concerns L2J. There is in US law such thing as Grandfather clause.
SaveGame

Post by SaveGame »

Tessa wrote:"Awesome Lineage II server emulator!"... this one definitely doesn't help, considering the current situation.

According to the User Agreement:
8. PROHIBITED AND IRREPARABLY HARMFUL ACTIVITIES CONCERNING NCZ0ft

You acknowledge that You may not, without signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of NCZ0ft, do any of the following:

(i) Use, obtain or provide data related to operation of the Game, including but not limited to:

(iv) software not provided by NCZ0ft which creates or maintains any communication to the Game or Service, including but not limited to any software that emulates the Game or any part thereof as well as any server that emulates the Service or any part thereof;
I don't think that they care if it's powered by Java, C++, Assembler or FORTRAN 95. They just have a problem with the "Lineage II server emulator" thing.
If it was a MMO Server Framework, they can do nothing, I think... :lol:
A legally binding agreement cannot issue fines or other restrictions to any associated party that are completely unrelated to, in layman's terms "what the agreement is actually about".

E.g. you buy 100 nails for 1 USD from a retailer via an agreement that claim that if due to a faulty nail your production line(s) stop, the retailer will have to reimburse you all the expenses you incurred from stalled production. And for example, a single line produces 1 000 000 USD worth of goods per day. Will this mean that the retailer will have to pay you 5m USD for 5 stopped production lines for a day due to defective nails? No.

That's why if you break the EULA, the worst thing can happen is that all your accounts are permanently suspended and you are prohibited from creating new ones. Nothing else.

As for l2jserver/l2jdp, we are talking "unauthorized derivative works" here, even though NC will always try to push that "illicit RE" bullshit as if it was an undeniable fact (it isn't).
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Aikimaniac wrote:L2J started to exist and being developed when there was not in EULA any part which mentioned server emulation or anything that concerns L2J. There is in US law such thing as Grandfather clause.
Does it include the case when a newer version of the game is being released?
For example: You building an Interlude server and there is nothing about emulation in the ToS, but later they make H5 and they update the ToS too... so, does it means that, you can update the server to H5, because you've started when there was nothing about emulation in the ToS on Interlude?
regenx

Post by regenx »

Hahaha, they're upset because there's no TVT on official servers LoL! :)
Low number of players on official L2 servers and that's the reason :P
Fu NCZoft!
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

regenx wrote:Hahaha, they're upset because there's no TVT on official servers LoL! :)
Fu NCZoft!
Lol, they don't have TVT?? What a server is this? :lol:
SaveGame

Post by SaveGame »

regenx wrote:Hahaha, they're upset because there's no TVT on official servers LoL! :)
Fu NCZoft!
There's plenty of PvP stuff on official servers (aside from the GM-managed EventMatch, which is essentially TvT in the l2j-most sense), except it all is deserted:
Underground Coliseum - 100% you will never find a single person there, even if you camped it 24/7
(Aerial) Cleft - Same story
Kratei's cube - Same story
Even back in HF, Olympiad, with the only exception being 1v1 Class irrelevant matches, is completely deserted
And so on.
Sdw
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Sdw »

Tessa wrote:
Aikimaniac wrote:L2J started to exist and being developed when there was not in EULA any part which mentioned server emulation or anything that concerns L2J. There is in US law such thing as Grandfather clause.
Does it include the case when a newer version of the game is being released?
For example: You building an Interlude server and there is nothing about emulation in the ToS, but later they make H5 and they update the ToS too... so, does it means that, you can update the server to H5, because you've started when there was nothing about emulation in the ToS on Interlude?
I've read some really old one (hope they were not crafted or something as I do not have a real client to try it out) but there was something like :

By signing this contract, you also agree to every change in future versions of it.
Oh yes, and EULAs are subject to change without notice