DMCA takedown

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
zipferot3000

DMCA takedown

Post by zipferot3000 »

What now? Where is the will is the source code?

https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/mas ... -NCZ0ft.md
gajet55

Re: DMCA takedown

Post by gajet55 »

https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/mas ... -NCZ0ft.md
Our client, NCZ0ft Corporation, has been able to identify additional links containing infringing and unauthorized content, as described in our cease and desist letter of March 28. Attached for your reference is a spreadsheet of all such links to infringing content on your site, identified by our client to date. We request that all such links, in addition to the ones referenced in this email chain, be removed from your site as expeditiously as possible. Please advise on the status of our request as soon as possible. We are happy to provide any additional information that you need to remove the infringing content.
u3games

Post by u3games »

Bad notice... :(
Nik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Nik »

//summon InnerCircle
Playing a game where you know how every single mechanism works is quite satisfying.
Its the main perk that a gamer-developer has :D
Gladicek

Post by Gladicek »

Nik wrote://summon InnerCircle
Error 404: Not found
ImageImage
L2J retired
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

We know about it since early morning and this matter is currently discussed.

They for sure did not 1 second investigated about L2J. Otherwise they would know that back in 2005 when L2J started to exist and being developed, no EULA had anything inside about there are no derivations allowed. From my point of view is Github not trustworthy anymore. Every time somebody claims some copyright, even without reason, they can do this. It can happen to any developer when somebody else will try to claim his copyright.
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

Aikimaniac wrote:We know about it since early morning and this matter is currently discussed.

They for sure did not 1 second investigated about L2J. Otherwise they would know that back in 2005 when L2J started to exist and being developed, no EULA had anything inside about there are no derivations allowed. From my point of view is Github not trustworthy anymore. Every time somebody claims some copyright, even without reason, they can do this. It can happen to any developer when somebody else will try to claim his copyright.
Totally agree... please inform us about decissions about inner circle please.
DevOps and Java Developer using Eclipse, Java 21, MySQL 8.0+
Sdw
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Sdw »

Aikimaniac wrote:We know about it since early morning and this matter is currently discussed.

lol, it's not github. You can fill a DCMA reply for them to unlock you if you actually have proper argument, within a week top situation will be resolved.
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

If you were a company owner and github blocks your shared code based just on some crap info from somebody and giving you some time to solve this, you can lose money on it, wouldnt be your loss caused by github who blocked it even for 1 week? Im not speculating here about who and when and if etc...just summarizing the fact that without contacting us, they disabled access.
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

Aikimaniac wrote:If you were a company owner and github blocks your shared code based just on some crap info from somebody and giving you some time to solve this, you can lose money on it, wouldnt be your loss caused by github who blocked it even for 1 week? Im not speculating here about who and when and if etc...just summarizing the fact that without contacting us, they disabled access.
You're trying to say that not exist any solution?... :shock:
Sdw
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Sdw »

That's what they all do, trust me. Google services, including Youtube, or anyone.

Would you have been in their shoes, you do game emulator edited by X which sends TOS saying it's forbidden, what would you do ?

Truth is : dispute. And when that happens, whatever concerned service is always disabled for safety.
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

I agree on that...but it just pisses me off...they put DMCA on all repos with L1, L2J and Aion inside...so i presume that it can have serious background and until explained to them and replied back to us, we have to see it as full lock down. We have alternative plan but everyone needs to wait till we have answer from Github..
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

Aikimaniac wrote:I agree on that...but it just pisses me off...they put DMCA on all repos with L1, L2J and Aion inside...so i presume that it can have serious background and until explained to them and replied back to us, we have to see it as full lock down. We have alternative plan but everyone needs to wait till we have answer from Github..
Okok, please, mantain us informed about repos... hope that github think in good way.

L2j nots illegal!!!
lord_rex

Post by lord_rex »

NCZ0ft spy detected - this was a pre-step of the DMCA from their side:

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=31739
You're right. I have forgotten how to act like a normal human being. And I play games and I lie and I trick people to avoid the truth of how I feel.
Zealar
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Zealar »

:problem: :problem: :problem: