Future Updates?

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
corbin12

Future Updates?

Post by corbin12 »

Hi,

I'd like to know if l2j is moving to GoD. Will you update to GoD or not? Will you also continue to new updates or you stop in High Five?

Please answer my question :D
"Playing Lineage II is not a privilege, but a right."
St3eT

Re: Future Updates?

Post by St3eT »

corbin12 wrote: I'd like to know if l2j is moving to GoD. Will you update to GoD or not?
I think no.
corbin12 wrote: Will you also continue to new updates or you stop in High Five?
Yes, many renamed methods incoming!
If i should be black sheep for sure no as punishment
Gladicek

Post by Gladicek »

St3eT wrote:
corbin12 wrote: I'd like to know if l2j is moving to GoD. Will you update to GoD or not?
I think no.

corbin12 wrote:
Will you also continue to new updates or you stop in High Five?

Yes, many renamed methods incoming!

This made my day.... :D
Btw: LF GoD too... x)
ImageImage
L2J retired
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

Nah, we will continue to rework stuff that is working until nothing works :twisted:
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.2.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
Konstantinos

Post by Konstantinos »

Zoey76 wrote:Nah, we will continue to rework stuff that is working until nothing works :twisted:
:?
corbin12

Post by corbin12 »

And what if you make all things working? no GoD at all? :/
"Playing Lineage II is not a privilege, but a right."
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

corbin12 wrote:And what if you make all things working? no GoD at all? :/
About now no GoD at all.
Tryskell

Post by Tryskell »

It's not like GoD was the latest chronicle. You got some years late already, topic creator : Tauti, Lindvior, Valiance and I probably miss another.

I doubt if L2J even cares about higher chronicle, there will have a GoD transition. Developping GoD is already deprecated.

And with regular L2J behavior, giving the fact russians already made it, they won't reuse the existing work. When you think hi5 quests are currently moved from python to java, and 90% of those quests are dropped in GoD... Without counting the spawnlists, the new quests with numerous cinematics, the new packets, the new skills and the 4th class stuff.

If someone cares about new chronicles, there will have obviously a jump over missing chronicles. If it ever happens.

Finally and that's sad to say, you can't have new chronicle emulator without a L2OFF leak. It's easy to understand why.
xban1x
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by xban1x »

Tryskell wrote:It's not like GoD was the latest chronicle. You got some years late already, topic creator : Tauti, Lindvior, Valiance and I probably miss another.

I doubt if L2J even cares about higher chronicle, there will have a GoD transition. Developping GoD is already deprecated.

And with regular L2J behavior, giving the fact russians already made it, they won't reuse the existing work. When you think hi5 quests are currently moved from python to java, and 90% of those quests are dropped in GoD... Without counting the spawnlists, the new quests with numerous cinematics, the new packets, the new skills and the 4th class stuff.

If someone cares about new chronicles, there will have obviously a jump over missing chronicles. If it ever happens.

Finally and that's sad to say, you can't have new chronicle emulator without a L2OFF leak. It's easy to understand why.
GOD is not deprecated, only thing we are trying to achieve is that H5 gets properly done, and we spend a lot of time cleaning core and reworking existing stuff so next time when we touch it all hell won't break loose. Since currently in L2j if you want to do anything properly a patch very quickly goes over 1k+ lines even for changing simple methods. But if done properly then system will be easier to maintain and upgrade and that is what we are trying to achieve. I understand most of the admins here don't understand it cause all they care about money that they get from servers, but most of the team here works for free and if i recall correctly only 2 of the team actually run a live server and one of those servers isn't actually L2j but a fork. So yes we work for free, i am not saying that we don't want to move onto GOD, we would like to but we are trying to get rid of certain stuff that slows down the work. We try to optimize server so it would run better/faster less lag, less memory leaks but all what you care about are features. There was only few users who actually decided to put up with the fact that we want to rewrite quests from Jython to Java and helped us. I see a lot of people here saying why do you do that? We do it cause we want to remove Jython. At least 1-2 times per week we get a thread about a script in Jython that doesn't work cause of some reason. Eclipse doesn't report a problem for Jython, you make a wrong call in Java it will show you that. Does any of you even as much as thinks "Hmm, maybe i will help them" ? I rewrote quite a lot of quests so did Citizen, janiko, ivantotov, netvirus and of course also malyelfik and Adry_85 but There is almost 500 quests or actualy even more and there is still over 100 to rewrite, and if you haven't noticed some of us got bored of doing it, but does anyone of you even remotely try to even create a draft of a quest in Java and help even a little? No, noone does, all you come here is asking for help and this and that and whatever comes onto your mind. My advice, if you wish the project goes faster, maybe help it, instead of trying to force the team to move forward.

As it goes for L2Off leak, it can all be made without it and still be pretty damn accurate. But that depends on the time you are willing to invest to test stuff.
Hyrelius

Post by Hyrelius »

To be honest I think having a stable, fast and fancy H5 server is better than doing everything half-arsed and getting new chronicles, but having lots of look-ups and not knowing where to even start fixing.
While H5 surely is quite boring by now, there is obviously quite a lot to do in order to fix things, that should work and in order to make existing things work before moving on to GoD or any other chronicles.
I don't mind helping - however: I only do so if I want to.
No support for other server packs than L2J.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

Hyrelius wrote:To be honest I think having a stable, fast and fancy H5 server is better than doing everything half-arsed and getting new chronicles, but having lots of look-ups and not knowing where to even start fixing.
While H5 surely is quite boring by now, there is obviously quite a lot to do in order to fix things, that should work and in order to make existing things work before moving on to GoD or any other chronicles.
This.