L2j Hi5 Edition! When it's going to be released?

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

L2j Hi5 Edition! When it's going to be released?

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

This question is made every year here on L2j and the answer is the same:
SOON©, NO ETA AVAILABLE...

We will wait for the official NA Hi5 Release before doing anything, NC is know for changing stuff before the launch that differs a lot from the PTS

#################################################################################
Update: NA Hi5 PTS server went live, we have already started to work on this.
Don't ask when is going to be released, it will when is ready.
#################################################################################

Some PROtips:
  1. Remind your players to DONT use the launcher to run the game, if they update their client they will be not able to log into your server.
  2. BE PATIENT, it usually takes a couple of weeks but it could take longer, remember that Devs work on their free time and this "time" is subject to changes.
  3. Dont try to annoy hurry us with new topics every day asking us for WHEN is going to be released, subscribe to our RSS Feed and stay tunned.
  4. First Public Release is always buggy take that into account, once the first release is launched you should monitor and wait for a couple of extra weeks while the open test is being done and any critical bugs fixed.
  5. If <insert l2j fork name here> released Hi5 before us, dont panic and refer to #3, we are working hard to get it done the right way, some other forks may hurry a release before us using unstable builds just to be the "first ones", our methodology is to release STABLE builds, so we ask a bit of your patience.
By the way, L2j Advanced Users are going to help us with the closed beta testing, and this should cut in half the time spend by developers hunting deadlocks and make the transition to open beta test faster.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, "YOU" the one reading this, feel free to link/copy/quote this reply to anyone else that ask about Hi5 on the next couple of weeks, your help is appreciated.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: L2j Hi5 Edition! When it's going to be released?

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Following the sucess of the previous sticky last year, we are going to repeat the same warning this year too.

Please discuss here about the new Hi5 while wait for it.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Huh? There are no news in official site...
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

jurchiks wrote:Huh? There are no news in official site...
We got intel from spais!
You can already update PTS Client to Hi5, NC official announcement should be out on the next days.
MasterJinz

Post by MasterJinz »

Wow that's fast :shock: . I'll be waiting , hopefully full hellbound system will working or maybe epic quest , instances :P
Sry for bad english :)
Zakoomar2

Post by Zakoomar2 »

Hi!
I would like ask l2j team publicate ToDo list, If you need any tests or info about Hi5 chronicles - in this case we can help you to gather so much information as possible.

Thanks for you work :)
momo61

Post by momo61 »

Oh great news. Thanks for informing us. I got a question though about one of your ProTips.
Remind your players to DONT use the launcher to run the game, if they update their client they will be not able to log into your server.
Right now they will still get Freya if they use the retail NA client and update it right?
sync

Post by sync »

Oh, I heard about this already, which is planned to start PTS server.
But not quite happy about that, because at the moment the set of elements Freya is not completed yet or not started ..
But I think with the new update, many elements of the emulator will be made.
Have fun, always happy to help!
a13xsus

Post by a13xsus »

I think that it is important to improve current Freya update at least to Gracia content (Freya, Zaken, Hellbound, full Gracia continent, Delusion Chamber, Reworked locations and a lot of etc), and than going to upgrade to High Five. Just a possibility to login using high five client and a few of skills is not High Five realization.
--link removed, read forum rules--
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

a13xsus wrote:I think that it is important to improve current Freya update at least to Gracia content (Freya, Zaken, Hellbound, full Gracia continent, Delusion Chamber, Reworked locations and a lot of etc), and than going to upgrade to High Five. Just a possibility to login using high five client and a few of skills is not High Five realization.
same answer has always, all is work in progress for devs and community...

and a new L2 expansion doesn't means that missing features will never be finished...

when we release a new L2J version, is just to maintain compatibility with this new L2 Client, and updates that are released for that.
Nik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Nik »

Yay, now i can make a decent test xD
Update: NA Hi5 PTS server went live, we have already started to work on this.
Don't ask when is going to be released, it will when is ready.
No client DL link at lineage2.com :|
Playing a game where you know how every single mechanism works is quite satisfying.
Its the main perk that a gamer-developer has :D
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

download the pts conversion and try again.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
lion
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by lion »

PTS patch server is down now, you can look status here for example http://lineage2.rochand.com/
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

damn, that's not nice... just when I wanted to copy my client and update...
momo61

Post by momo61 »

Will L2J consider re-enabling the trac? Because right now it's really.... i dont have words for it :(