[Community] Things like this disappoint us... seriously...

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

[Community] Things like this disappoint us... seriously...

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Read screenshots:

Seriously... is there anyone who wants my job?

im tired of trying to make braindead kids understand something so simple... really...

We dont make any money from this (its free!), we arent stoping you from making money out of this (sell it if you want!), we are not asking for royalties or patents, we are just simply asking for a bit of credit for what we have done so far, thanks to the thousands of commits made by developers and community member submited patches, L2j is what it is now, several other projects have benefited in one way or other, so why dont give a bit damm of credit to ones who provided you such a piece of amazing software FOR FREE?

Things like this disappoint us... seriously...
coder89

Re: Things like this disappoint us... seriously...

Post by coder89 »

I proved to you u are wrong and I'm the kid? very mature :mrgreen: . Grow fucking up and learn to say sorry when you are wrong. :!:

Anyway I have better things to do than lose time with ppl like u :P
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

coder89 wrote:I proved to you u are wrong and I'm the kid? very mature :mrgreen: . Grow fucking up and learn to say sorry when you are wrong. :!:

I think you forgot to read this: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=18958
Maylorian

Post by Maylorian »

coder89 wrote:I proved to you u are wrong and I'm the kid? very mature :mrgreen: . Grow fucking up and learn to say sorry when you are wrong. :!:

he just asked for credits which i really think is right. what he has to say he is sorry because you asked for what he deserved?
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

What point was there to post this?

You would be better off writing a short guide for allowed/disallowed things when changing the licence/authors etc.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Phear

Post by Phear »

it's like arguing with a monkey, you'd be better off tossing him peanuts, chopping down his tree and shooting his monkey lineage.
Q-Basic, VB, C# , Java Engineer
LasTravel

Post by LasTravel »

nothing new.
coder89

Post by coder89 »

LasTravel wrote:nothing new.
Phear wrote:it's like arguing with a monkey, you'd be better off tossing him peanuts, chopping down his tree and shooting his monkey lineage.
damn u are so smart... :lol:
djmouse

Post by djmouse »

coder89 wrote:
Phear wrote:it's like arguing with a monkey, you'd be better off tossing him peanuts, chopping down his tree and shooting his monkey lineage.
Rly? And how smart r u? 90% of forks starts with reneming packages to smt like com.L2jFuckinAwesomDevTeam... etc, then they grab different scripts from other shares, remove credits and here you are - the new fork! With fully reworked bla-bla-bla and bla-bla-bla 100% retail like stuff.
I've read what you have done: removed Javolution to decrease memory consumption. I've loled :D Do you even know, how for example HashMap works? What time does it take to get random element for FastMap? Why? What's the difference between HashMap, LinkedMap and FastMap?
Coder89... Lots of pathos even in nickname and nothing more, seems to me :)
ZumbuL

Post by ZumbuL »

Can't you report people that are in violation of the GNU GPL of the licensed product?

You definitely went the right way trying to explain and educate him on how things work in the world, and how coding/developing can be protected under the GNU GPL, problem is he is behind a monitor in some far off place where you cannot go and sit down with him to explain the situation in a more "human" manner.

We're all Hulks behind our screens.
To do, and to think about doing... completely different things...
coder89

Post by coder89 »

djmouse wrote:
coder89 wrote:
Rly? And how smart r u? 90% of forks starts with reneming packages to smt like com.L2jFuckinAwesomDevTeam... etc, then they grab different scripts from other shares, remove credits and here you are - the new fork! With fully reworked bla-bla-bla and bla-bla-bla 100% retail like stuff.
I've read what you have done: removed Javolution to decrease memory consumption. I've loled :D Do you even know, how for example HashMap works? What time does it take to get random element for FastMap? Why? What's the difference between HashMap, LinkedMap and FastMap?
Coder89... Lots of pathos even in nickname and nothing more, seems to me :)
Damn!,
Sorry because rl dont let me to answer to all morons like u, but I found lil free time right now :mrgreen: .
Here we are:
1st my project was not about forking at all, but why not get some free post counts?? :twisted:
2nd if I create a patch this is my patch, my copyright and is my personal problem what I do with him how long I dont remove any copy right from a public released already copyrighted file.
3rd on my project svn was only 1 file with my copy right bcoz I created it, other then name was nothing with l2j common since l2j dont use BoneCP, so yea I have the right to protect my work, how l2j has it. About license update l2j mistake since they don't have a clue about what gpl version they use, but have the guts to start with false accusation :lol: . Get the story right, pls MR. BIG GURU ThePhoenixBird
4. (for djmouse) about the patch in question for MMOCore there was no MAP/FASTMAP or what ever *MAP, I droped javaevo from mmocore bcoz of slower list(u can see here the benchmark here: acis.i-live .eu/index.php?topic=2164.0 ) and another small clean up because was not used and memory allocated for nothing. So yea I think I'm kinda smart :P , at least smarter than u, also I like to check and prove what I say so I'm smarter 2x than u... at least, but let's not make it personally since u dont have any clue and you are not a challenge for me. And btw :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "djmouse" rly??? idk but for sure I like my nick name a lot more :twisted:
5. pls go go ahead and report me, ah I forgot u have 0 reasons, 0 proves, just false accusations so.. I still w8 for that apology for you mistake MR. blablabla ThePhoenixBird :mrgreen: , and btw you look ridiculous complaining and crying for yourself, how is that possible?? poor baby.
6. I'm not Hulks or a "forum warrior", I'm just good at arguing and usually a good "coder" since was not a nick name choosed by me but my friends and colleagues so I guess I'm who I'm.

This bullshit make me seek, and I dont give a fuck what u gonna do, I will just try to take care of my own project when I have free time.

"So long, suckers!" :mrgreen:

P.S. deleting this message will not solve the problem, I will continue to post it until everyone read it, so censored it, if you do not have what to do with your moderator rights. :twisted:
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

is nothing against creating a fork or copying something, is about maintain original authors, and ethics between projects and developers.

when you copy L2J or part of this, you will notice that Java files have GPL v2 or v3 licenses inside, and you can copy, modify or distribute this files freely because license allow it.

but what happens if we talk about ethics ?

for example...

what happens if we take the changes that you've made to MMOCore, but without adding your nick inside the credits, or even removing your nick (where is present) from Java files ?

will be a good practice ?

for me at least is not a good practice if somebody copy part of code made by others and remove the author header, or even the license type.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

coder89 wrote:I still w8 for that apology for you mistake MR. blablabla ThePhoenixBird :mrgreen:
coder89 wrote:So yea I think I'm kinda smart
Take a seat and keep waiting...

UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

coder89 wrote:So yea I think I'm kinda smart :P
Yeah your post proves it
coder89

Post by coder89 »

ThePhoenixBird wrote:
coder89 wrote:I still w8 for that apology for you mistake MR. blablabla ThePhoenixBird :mrgreen:
coder89 wrote:So yea I think I'm kinda smart
Take a seat and keep waiting...
I dont give a shit about.. but being a leader mean more then use a hammer ;)
UnAfraid wrote:
coder89 wrote:So yea I think I'm kinda smart :P
Yeah your post proves it
Ok, ... if I say you are "stupid" without trying to prove that, is not prove anything, but there is no news since ThePhoenixBird did the same, are u sure u dont have something contagious :mrgreen: ?