[L2j] L2j Server Important Changes! [UPDATED!]

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
carrion

Re: [L2j] L2j Server Important Changes!

Post by carrion »

the best way to people who don't have money to pick up any version of paid l2j it's search any opensource l2j in google like l2jfree or l2jemu.
volond1

Post by volond1 »

ZaKaX wrote:
nonom wrote:If some developers are "worried" about lose code then maybe must be stopping sharing his code, we dont need their "nice" contributions, there are a lot of people, instead closing development to own interesests. And you need more money true?

I will publish L2J is dead im all my websites.

Good luck, Is my last post here because I love my posts numbers.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ give me money give me money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DrHouse, bye friend you are great, I miss you
HAHAHA! Here we go, emo rage quit.

If this was going to happens, L2J wouldn't die for sure. In fact, it would boost it up. A lot, yes, A LOT of people don't like to share the stuff they work on to the community because of the large amount of people that just suck things up. These people not sharing ends up as leechers too, because of other leechers unfortunately. But heh, that's the curse of open source projects, there's nothing we can do about it.

The only thing that would die is the lame-asses servers where server owners can't even code an hello world. Pretty sure you feel concerned.

Piss and love.
Excellent words.
l2jserver long been an Open Source, but for it over time, no one shared Donat, helped developers with the finances. By introducing the proposed system of buying licenses:
1. Leaving only persistent users noobs do not need.
2. Number of one-day decline of servers that are pumped out of Don users.
3. Will not appear on the team phony who will say that the source code for them, but not l2jserver.
4. Team l2jserver be able to receive for his titanic work laid the money and hire professionals in their ranks.

In this way the team l2jserver only benefit. Why you ask? Will take it to the example of a design which is 100-500 U.S. dollars and even higher. This work hours, and the development and editing the server is a long titanic task. So why developers should not receive money for their work ?????
Personally, I only.
carrion wrote:the best way to people who don't have money to pick up any version of paid l2j it's search any opensource l2j in google like l2jfree or l2jemu.
l2jemu - have long since died
l2jfree - on the verge of death.
And in general what to talk about everyone knows that as long l2jserver not make sinc packages to the new version, l2jfree be long and hard to sit still will not close. So before you say that you need to think. What l2jfree, that l2jemu use the source code l2jserver.
Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

volond1, and why you not help l2j? :mrgreen:
Evilus

Post by Evilus »

It doesn't say anywhere to whom to pay to , I wanna buy the extreme edition! :P

..... NOT!. Really nice 1st april fools joke guys, I must say that was a really nice idea to joke with ;). Who came up with this ?
momo61

Post by momo61 »

I hope it is a joke, but there indeed are some good ideas in this.

We could have a general server source code available for everyone.
And, we could have a premium server source code with premium events, more/better features etc. for a reasonable fee/month.

Only problem would be that someone would probably immediately leak it on some retarded cheater/hacker forum -.-
Evilus

Post by Evilus »

momo61 wrote:I hope it is a joke, but there indeed are some good ideas in this.

We could have a general server source code available for everyone.
And, we could have a premium server source code with premium events, more/better features etc. for a reasonable fee/month.

Only problem would be that someone would probably immediately leak it on some retarded cheater/hacker forum -.-
I did not mean the Idea of selling the files I meant the april fools idea, you do not need to hope, it is a joke. You really think some of the devs here would agree to that ?
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Tan »

teh Main Question to TPB IS :
Some people believe in God... i believe in Music... some people pray..... I turn on Winamp
http://www.last.fm/user/L2jTan
volond1

Post by volond1 »

Ozzy wrote:volond1, and why you not help l2j? :mrgreen:
That's when they will be paid if the team and help, and yet you support something would handful nubs assigned code and received Donat. God forbid. For every man must work to receive money. Here you Ozzy visiting a few clubs and probably get more money and that you give back to l2jserver?
Just do not have to answer his question as a Jew. I was poking a finger does not need to because we do TERA.
109th

Post by 109th »

What a beautiful news :)
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Tan »

xD i just wonder how many people really left in case of this joke xD
Some people believe in God... i believe in Music... some people pray..... I turn on Winamp
ZaKaX

Post by ZaKaX »

Left...? LOL
¿ Que dice los cojones de la nina ?
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Tan »

ZaKaX wrote:Left...? LOL
i meant they get it too serious XD
Sirpaypi

Post by Sirpaypi »

ZaKaX wrote:
nonom wrote:If some developers are "worried" about lose code then maybe must be stopping sharing his code, we dont need their "nice" contributions, there are a lot of people, instead closing development to own interesests. And you need more money true?

I will publish L2J is dead im all my websites.

Good luck, Is my last post here because I love my posts numbers.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ give me money give me money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DrHouse, bye friend you are great, I miss you
HAHAHA! Here we go, emo rage quit.

If this was going to happens, L2J wouldn't die for sure. In fact, it would boost it up. A lot, yes, A LOT of people don't like to share the stuff they work on to the community because of the large amount of people that just suck things up. These people not sharing ends up as leechers too, because of other leechers unfortunately. But heh, that's the curse of open source projects, there's nothing we can do about it.

The only thing that would die is the lame-asses servers where server owners can't even code an hello world. Pretty sure you feel concerned.

Piss and love.

Bah ofc L2J will die, i didn't told you before that 95% of the population of the world are poor :D

One peace !
Saying that Java is nice because it works on all OSes is like saying that anal sex is nice because it works on all genders.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Today i got 32 PMs asking about how to get the licences, those interested to get one please wait for a few days, we are still working on the eCommerce system to handle this.

DO NOT use the donation system to buy licenses!
Sirpaypi

Post by Sirpaypi »

ThePhoenixBird wrote:Today i got 32 PMs asking about how to get the licences, those interested to get one please wait for a few days, we are still working on the eCommerce system to handle this.

DO NOT use the donation system to buy licenses!
I'll buy for sure !
Saying that Java is nice because it works on all OSes is like saying that anal sex is nice because it works on all genders.